the Rift

[PRIVATE] Kids Shall Always Be Kids [Sacre]

Sikeax Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I'm not getting anywhere right now, and I really don't know which direction it is to get home. My horn is still intact, which is nice, but it's getting cold, and it seems best to get home before the night falls in. Mom is probably worrying right now..... Oh, what if she's mad when I get home? I'm going to get in trouble I know.
My worrying goes short lived because a voice is there to ask me if I'm from here and tells me to be careful. Careful?! I'll show you careful! I bounced up into the air, landing into a snow drift and being swallowed up by it. "Wee!!" is about all that comes out of my mouth as I jumped into it. I could just have a playmate on my hands here seeing as they looked pretty young from a distance. Couldn't be much older than me if anything, and having someone to play with sounds nice enough right now.
Climbing out isn't much of an issue because I can get myself out of there fairly quickly. I popped out of the top of it like a groundhog coming out of the ground in an awkward way. It wasn't coming out head first, more of me just thrashing about in the layers of powdery snow and laughing. Having a voice now is something nice to celebrate, and a playmate can make it more worth while.
It didn't take me more than 15 seconds to thrash out of there, and when I got out, I rose up to my hooves and smiled towards the other foal. Their scent told me he was from a herd and male, and automatically I wondered if the reason Mom said to stay away from this area was because it was part of a herd. I kind of smell like a herd even though I was only there for a day, but I was born there and maybe the smell sort of stuck to me. Would the scent of Assassins take over soon? I hope, I really want to smell like the others I belong to, not the smell of a place I was just in a day.
"I'm not from this place here! I live in the Arch with my Mom and her band. I think I'm careful enough. Who are you? I'm Sikeax, but you can call me Sia. Do you want to play with me or go on an adventure? I'm just out here to explore right now. I've got plans to see the world before I grow up and I'm starting out now!"
Hopefully I was yelling at him loud enough that he'd hear me from across the snow and the wind and the cold. It would take too much to get over to him and see him up close, and that seems like a really swell idea at the moent. A smile bursts over my face and I bounced my step over to him before taking a funny run over to him. Up close he wouldn't look like much of a black dot, and probably more interesting. He didn't look like Mom, nor Uncle Tonka, but he was interesting enough to me. And I could see he had a horn! He might be able to give me tips as of how to keep my horn from falling off like Mom's did.
Getting up close to him was a battle, and I went to kind of half jumping, half running to him, I got the hang of it. Only after I fell down again. This time my horn stayed on and the pretty light kept coming. I'll make myself a new rule now: If my horn still has blue stuff coming out of it, then it's not broken and probably still on my head.
When I got up to him, the first thing I could really notice was the fact that he was indeed, black like the dot he looked like from the distance that was between us. Though now I can see him better and see what he looks like. Now, his eyes are something to look at, I must say. They were such a pretty blue! I couldn't stop myself from going "Oooooo....... your eyes are so.... pretty......." I didn't really that much to describe them, but there were pretty if more than that. I just needed a word to describe them! My own pale blue ones with the grey flecks showed a hint of laughter that I tried to hide to not be rude when I saw his own red ear. His side was red on one side, and it made me wonder why he was so oddly coloured. He was handsome though and the thought made me giggle. Right in front of him.
Now, words cannot always describe the feeling you have at a certain point. I guess right now was one of those moments because if he asked me why I was giggling, I couldn't say it was because he was handsome! WHAT IF HE THOUGHT I HAD A CRUSH ON HIM?! I almost panicked at that moment, and jumping into another pile of snow to hide my embarrassment doesn't seem too bad of an idea right now. Though if I jumped into one, the unseen heat from the burning of embarrassment within my cheeks would probably melt all the snow and I'd look like even more of an idiot. I think I need to rethink the things that are wrong with me. Like how boys are to the most fun thing to be around and that I embarrass myself too much and that I need to work on that. Hopefully he'll be nice and not laugh at me. Oh please handsome colt that came from I don't know where, don't laugh at my embarrassment!
And as if a gift from the Gods came, a gust of rogue wind came along and blasted me with snow. Thanks, I needed that.
Getting smacked with snow from a rogue gust of wind isn't so bad, unless you're around someone like him. I really need to rethink some things. Top of the list right now, rethink colts over and the fact that I embarrass myself constantly in every way. It'll have to get done soon too. It's not turning out the way I need to it right now.

If you could hear me then, can you hear me now?

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
Kids Shall Always Be Kids [Sacre] - by Sikeax - 06-10-2013, 02:58 PM
RE: Kids Shall Always Be Kids [Sacre] - by Sacre - 06-10-2013, 04:44 PM
RE: Kids Shall Always Be Kids [Sacre] - by Sikeax - 06-10-2013, 05:31 PM