the Rift

I'm Coming Home
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
( I know I'm not from the Edge but you looked so lonely! oh, and as a note, we try to keep our posts 200-250 words long - starters are always hard, so once you get to interact I think you'll be fine, but try to keep it in mind. <3 and as another note, I get the feeling you tried to set this as occurring in the Edge -- it cannot, as it has to be in the threshold forest, so I'll just play it that ;3 )

Sleet had turned to rain on a warm early-winter night, filtering down from a morning sky and chilling him worse than any blizzard could. Wet and intrusive it ran along his tall, rugged body, darkening his white fur to gray and stealing the warmth from his bones – he hated it, this southern winter, the danger the capricious weather posed. He hated the feeling of cold water next to his skin; he hated it, because he knew how dangerous it was. He'd picked the worst season for this kind of shenanigans (though, he was pretty sure he'd hate the Throat in summer, too), and it was wearing down his mood. Winter in the Heavenly Fields, above the Foothills, had been beautiful and perfect, pristine in its youth, but down here... Fog hung in the cold air, sticking to his skin, and it was with his hears pressed flat against his neck Mauja found the stranger.

He felt a deep need to make himself useful to Sumati, and the only way he could, aside from doggedly working the borders and avoiding other patrols (especially a certain short brown mare – gods smite him now if she found him), was by finding new blood. And new blood, you found in the Threshold, although the stallion he came face to face with was not what he had wanted. Knowing that wings dominated the red sands it was Pegasus blood he sought, feeling it safe to send them along south with a charming smile and a glint in his eye. Unicorns, or equines, he dared not, fearing he'd have to vouch for them.

But, ah, he was here anyway, that was futile to ignore, and he rumbled in wordless greeting. About twenty yards separated them, here were the mountains sloped highly just to the side, trees winding tall and as wet as he; they offered little cover against the cold rain, and Mauja forced his discomfort aside, luring a smile to his lips. "Hail, stranger, and welcome to Helovia. What do you seek here?" He couldn't send it to the Throat, he couldn't send it to the Basin (unless he felt like reminding the Plague of his existence by sending them a toy), and he was loathe to send anyone to the Edge.. nor was he sure it was mercenary material. Drifting to a halt, the regal stallion raised his head, watching the other closely.
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Messages In This Thread
I'm Coming Home - by Kodiak - 06-10-2013, 07:46 PM
RE: I'm Coming Home - by Mauja - 06-15-2013, 09:51 AM
RE: I'm Coming Home - by Kodiak - 06-15-2013, 12:11 PM
RE: I'm Coming Home - by Mauja - 06-17-2013, 08:06 AM
RE: I'm Coming Home - by Kodiak - 06-18-2013, 12:13 PM
RE: I'm Coming Home - by Mauja - 06-20-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: I'm Coming Home - by Kodiak - 06-20-2013, 10:46 AM
RE: I'm Coming Home - by Mauja - 06-20-2013, 11:26 AM
RE: I'm Coming Home - by Kodiak - 06-20-2013, 12:19 PM
RE: I'm Coming Home - by Mauja - 06-21-2013, 06:51 AM