the Rift

I'm Coming Home
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
It was.. pleasing, somehow, to see the regret in Kodiak – to know that some were not beyond reaching, that they didn't cling so desperately to their notions of evil. And pleasing to know, that half of Mauja's bitterness came only from himself, and his perception of the world, his own inclination to believe others disliked him more than they did. There was hope, of some kind, to strike from deeper shadows, and he wondered briefly what bitterness he would sow in others one day.

But that was thoughts for another day; today, the thoughts were of rain and Kodiak, futures and homes, past and present. Mauja made a sound halfway between a snort and a grunt, vaguely amused by the apology. Had others ever apologized to him for assuming things? Smoke had showed up in the Edge, true, and Ophelia.. but Kri? Mirage? Paladin? Had they ever bowed their heads, and accepted his words of simply wishing to live with his own kind? They saw devils in them all but seemed disinclined to look further, and Mauja sighed quietly. "You're not the first, and you won't be the last, Kodiak. Don't worry about it." Perhaps it was a sad thing, perhaps it wasn't, but it was the way life was.

Silence claimed them for a while. Mauja was content to lead him west for a little longer, to let his thoughts order themselves, perhaps even reach some conclusion. The rain was still falling down, cold and miserable, and even if he didn't have the other to lead he would've kept walking anyway. He let his mind drift, touching upon nothing and everything, until Kodiak's voice snapped him back again. He turned his head as he walked to look at him; hadn't they gone over this already? "No herd in Helovia would claim to not care for their members," he rumbled quietly, flicking his wet tail against his hocks. It stung. "You could find friends in the Throat, as a mercenary you would be valued, and at the Edge, I think you would find the biggest blend of things." He shrugged. "I honestly don't know where you should go. You seem disinclined to go anywhere but the Edge, though." At least if his observations weren't entirely off track.

"This forest is called the Threshold," he went on in a steady voice, picking his way over the roots and rocks. "The newcomers to Helovia enter this way, like yourself, and members of herds and outcast bands frequently come here, looking for suitable members." He turned his head to peer at Kodiak, not sure if that was what the question had been. "If that answered your question?"
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Messages In This Thread
I'm Coming Home - by Kodiak - 06-10-2013, 07:46 PM
RE: I'm Coming Home - by Mauja - 06-15-2013, 09:51 AM
RE: I'm Coming Home - by Kodiak - 06-15-2013, 12:11 PM
RE: I'm Coming Home - by Mauja - 06-17-2013, 08:06 AM
RE: I'm Coming Home - by Kodiak - 06-18-2013, 12:13 PM
RE: I'm Coming Home - by Mauja - 06-20-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: I'm Coming Home - by Kodiak - 06-20-2013, 10:46 AM
RE: I'm Coming Home - by Mauja - 06-20-2013, 11:26 AM
RE: I'm Coming Home - by Kodiak - 06-20-2013, 12:19 PM
RE: I'm Coming Home - by Mauja - 06-21-2013, 06:51 AM