the Rift

I'm Coming Home
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
Water dripped down on his back, clearing pale rivulets from the carpet of dark mud staining his legs and belly. Each time either of them took a step it splattered up, sometimes flying higher, staining his throat; Mauja's ears fell back to his neck every so often before he forced them forward again. It wasn't that he hated having "his looks ruined" or something like that – he just disliked being dirty, just as he disliked being cold in winter. The only difference was that the latter was dangerous as well. Still, the dismal gray clouds seemed disinclined to clear up, and Kodiak's entrance to the grand Helovia remained positively drenched.

He took a page out of Deimos' book, and simply grunted in affirmation. If the thoughtful cast of Kodiak's eyes were anything to go by, he was thinking again, and Mauja was content to let him. It was, after all, an important choice, even if it didn't seem to be much of a choice anymore, merely finalizing what his heart already seemed to say, and speaking it out loud. And that was the reason Mauja's path carried them straight west, neither curving north to the Foothills nor south to the Throat, but simply straight west. His mind ran ahead of them, knowing the slope of the meadow and how it arced up, the cliffs covered in a carpet of green, the trees standing sentinel.. the cry of sea gulls, the briny wind blowing in off the sea, the mist clinging to your legs and the long, long drop into the ocean... His biggest regret was that he hadn't pushed anyone over that edge yet.

"...I will Journey to the Worlds Edge." And so, Mauja was not surprised at all, simply dipped his head a fraction as he led them down the path through the slowly thinning trees. "It is straight west of here, by the sea," he explained, his voice patient even if his eyes were on the horizon. "It truly is the edge of the world, and you don't want to fall off. Once we're out of the Threshold, we'll be on a huge meadow. Cross it, and keep maybe a little north – if you end up on the beach, you're south of the Edge." Much as he disliked sending members to his enemies, he was too .. honest? to do something else with them. He glanced at Kodiak.

"As for joining the herd, I don't know. Saying my name might make them angry, as I'm not exactly they're best friend, or it might serve to prove that they're a bit prejudiced against me and mine, too. I think they accept pretty much anyone, so just saying you want to live with them should be enough." Again he shrugged, a slight rise and fall of his snowy shoulders, and it felt like the thousandth time he shrugged during that conversation.
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Messages In This Thread
I'm Coming Home - by Kodiak - 06-10-2013, 07:46 PM
RE: I'm Coming Home - by Mauja - 06-15-2013, 09:51 AM
RE: I'm Coming Home - by Kodiak - 06-15-2013, 12:11 PM
RE: I'm Coming Home - by Mauja - 06-17-2013, 08:06 AM
RE: I'm Coming Home - by Kodiak - 06-18-2013, 12:13 PM
RE: I'm Coming Home - by Mauja - 06-20-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: I'm Coming Home - by Kodiak - 06-20-2013, 10:46 AM
RE: I'm Coming Home - by Mauja - 06-20-2013, 11:26 AM
RE: I'm Coming Home - by Kodiak - 06-20-2013, 12:19 PM
RE: I'm Coming Home - by Mauja - 06-21-2013, 06:51 AM