Lace the Silverthorn Posts: 459
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 14 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Fajira :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath Chan

LACE</style>
before the sun sets
GLORY
</style>

How was it even possible? It couldn't be true, it just wasn't allowed to be true. And yet the look on Aaron's face had forged the truth in iron, now cooling only slowly as the undeniable facts became clear.

Solstice was dead. Gone. Murdered in cold blood by a unicorn from the Basin and left to bleed out on the ground, and nothing would bring her back.
It was a hole Lace never had thought that he'd have to fill. Some way or another she had been around for years, ever since they met sometime back in Isilme. He had been surprised but pleased to find her in Helovia as he arrived, enjoyed their peaceful talks and her quiet presence. he had enjoyed watching her together with her children, had wished all the best to come her way and now... Now there was only deep, dark, pitch black sorrow and a smoldering fury bordering on madness that ate away at his sanity.

Too many had been ripped away from him, from them all. Too many, with neither rime nor reason, not so much as a declaration of war. What was the Aurora Basin thinking? Were they trying to take the Edge back by killing off its inhabitants one by one? Lace wouldn't have it. He wasn't going to take it anymore. No more sneaking in across the borders, no more stealing of the lives he had come to love so dearly. So be it that he was no longer a warrior with a duty to protect, but that didn't mean he couldn't do anything at all to safeguard this Edge of the World.

Fury and grief caused his voice to quiver as the gilded stallion threw his head back and called out to the Edge, to Aaron and all the crafters, everyone with power and a grasp over the elements of the land. He bade them to gather by the Shrine where he stood, not bothering to seek for the permission of Mirage before he did this. He believed himself to know her well enough to guess her thoughts on the matter he wished to address, believed that in her wish for peace his suggestion would be made with her support.

He paced along the edge of the cliff as he waited for the herd to arrive, and once he believed everyone had come that wished to do so, he came to a halt and straightened up, gazing out over the crowd. In silent support Fajira landed on his shoulder, balancing skillfully on the sloping ledge with her tail slung over the gilded whithers.

"Brothers and sisters of Qian" he started, "we have been attacked. Not by predators or honest troops wishing to fight for a right to live on these lands. No, they were cowardly ambushes on lone horses, with no warning and no chance to fight back. Torasin is dead, killed by someone unknown that wields the power of ice, and I've just learned that.. that Solstice has been stolen from us by the Nightshade of Aurora Basin." His voice cracked and Lace found himself forced to swallow thickly before he regained control over his voice.

"I know it might not be my place to say this, but we need to start taking more caution as we move. The Protectors under WingLeaders Destrier and Kaj have proposed a new system for patrols that include the training of Acolytes, and I urge anyone with little or no experience in battle to address them about basic self defense. Everyone should be able to look after themselves at least until help can arrive."

He tried to calm himself down, but as the words flooded from his tongue the Glazier soon began to pace again, back and forth as he no longer was able to restrain the blazing emotions.
"They attacked us! A healer, a mother! Are we really going to let this continue? How long are they going to be able to do as they please without receiving any form of resistance? They kidnap us, we steal them in return... But to what purpose? What is it that they want from us, why do they keep insisting on shattering the little peace we have? " The dragon on his shoulder hissed and sent a plume of hot air rising towards the midnight sky, affected by the intensity of his feelings.

"Until our informants find out what they want from us, I suggest that we strengthen our defenses and keep raising the level of our warriors. This is supposed to be a place of peace and equality, but I believe that as long as we live under the threat of the Basin we will never be able to attain either. I want to recommend that we aid our border patrols by creating some form of physical object that can keep intruders out, so that our safe home will remain just that; safe."

The steed finally halted again and looked out over the field, trying to sense how these news and ideas were received. The gilded eyes searched especially for the faces of Mirage, Thor and Rishima, hoping that they wouldn't find this summoning offensive - he was well aware that he was overstepping his authority, but he was too filled with grief to be able to stand not doing anything. He didn't want to loose more friends.

"If anyone have additional information, suggestions or objections to what I have said, I hope you will step up and speak your mind." And with that he stepped aside, allowing room for anyone who so wished to come forth and address the others. If only something good would come of this... not that anything good ever could come from a loss of life.

CREDITS: Schwartze | venomxbaby | 116802
BronzeHalo.deviantart.com
♦ Permission granted to use magic and violence on Lace and Fajira
♦ Only tag in new threads, spars and if it's urgent
The Store | The Warden

Messages In This Thread
A time for Action [Crafters, open] - by Lace - 06-11-2013, 02:36 PM
RE: A time for Action [Crafters, open] - by Aaron - 06-11-2013, 04:35 PM
RE: A time for Action [Crafters, open] - by Sulwyn - 06-11-2013, 07:22 PM
RE: A time for Action [Crafters, open] - by Lace - 06-14-2013, 09:46 AM
RE: A time for Action [Crafters, open] - by Aaron - 06-19-2013, 11:25 PM