Unregistered
:: :: ::

I would rather be ashes than dust!
I would rather be a superb meteor,
every atom of me in magnificent glow,
than a sleepy and permanent planet.
– Jack London

Mauja was staring.

What a little word to stump a king – Sir. It was only three letters, one syllable. Language could be tricky but an incredibly useful tool. He always liked to keep everyone guessing. If they are never sure of whom he was or what he wanted, they cannot begin to predict what he might do next. Cineviam had no reason to confuse Mauja, the frostheart was not an enemy he needed to keep on his toes. Perhaps it was a small demonstration of ability, previously unknown by his superior, and the purpose of exposing it would be revealed at a later date.

The newcomer asked them to observe and Mauja gave a slight shrug, putting whatever speculations that were swirling behind those blue eyes to at rest for now. The anticipation of watching Zar’roc work his magic was too tantalizing to give the tawny grey stallion any less than his undivided attention. Unlike the once bitten, twice shy ice king, Cineviam had yet to regret witnessing any of his herdmates displays of power. Any tenseness must have ebbed from the soot-stained brute and flowed right into the spotted stallion. Cineviam’s ears were perked, his expression one of open curiosity, his own red eyes fixated on the ground in front of Zar’roc’s hooves.

The creation, as it begun to take form, was definitely thought provoking. The process seemed to take longer than the ice spikes he knew Mauja was capable of producing, from the time Torasin was caught trespassing, so Zar’roc’s ability probably wouldn’t boast the same results in the heat of the moment. His eyes ran over the red-hot structure that started to look more like a tree every passing moment and finally settled on the leaves. They seemed delicate yet wickedly sharp. “Mauja, does the Edge have anyone capable of elevating small objects with their mind and moving them around? I believe it’s called Telekinesis,” he asked, wondering if they caught his train of thought.

Heavily feathered limbs, guided by the spotted snow-stallion’s beckoning, brought his perpetually shedding frame closer. Their group has closed in, the leaders voice had taken on a conspiratorial hush, his ears lean forward eagerly, assuming something of great importance was about to be shared. Mauja wouldn’t glean much from Cineviam’s features. The knowledge of this dark brotherhood, although previously unknown, was not a great surprise after living in the World’s Edge for a stretch of time. However, he was eager to be included in any group that could potentially gain power in Helovia and the cinderbeast had gotten restless lately. “Yes, I’m interested,” he said, gaze sliding to Zar’roc to see how he took the news.

i.cineviam
ii.unicorn
iii.6 years
iv.edge stallion
v.created by blu
vi.adopted by taurus

Messages In This Thread
RE: I have returned, bruised but not broken [open] - by Cineviam - 07-25-2012, 08:14 PM
RE: I have returned, bruised but not broken [open] - by Cineviam - 07-30-2012, 11:45 PM
RE: I have returned, bruised but not broken [open] - by Cineviam - 08-07-2012, 11:42 PM
RE: I have returned, bruised but not broken [open] - by Cineviam - 08-15-2012, 09:21 AM
RE: I have returned, bruised but not broken [open] - by Cineviam - 08-29-2012, 04:18 PM