the Rift

[PRIVATE] Louder Than Words [Israfel]

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

mesec</style>
      boy of the night fell from the stars</style>

I admit it; I was bored. Figuring that Ophelia was much too busy with ruling a herd to spend some time with me today, it was up to me to solve that conundrum myself. Wandering away from my home wasn't on my mind, but exploration was. I recalled a short trip a few seasons ago, when I had clambered to the top of a place called the Heavenly Fields. That's what Aviya had called it, anyways... I could see its peak reaching high into the skies at a distance at times, and I longed to explore it once more now that I had grown more independent and my wings weren't at threat to be torn off again.

It would take little time to reach the Heavenly Fields from the cradle of the Foothills, and while I didn't mind putting my legs to good use, I figured that I ought to better myself in the art of the magic I'd been gifted with at birth. So, coming to a halt and closing my eyes, I focused the whole of my energy on the lingering memory of the field; its lush grass and radiant sun, the clouds that hung so close I was certain I could have touched them... It was a strange feeling, traveling this way as the very darkness I'd been borne of covered me, eating away at my form until I was gone; and when I opened my eyes again, I was somewhere much different, unknowing of the shadowy pillar that had announced my presence just moments before.

Unlike in my memory, I was not met with warmth upon my back or soft shoots of grass beneath my hooves. Instead, the field was covered in an undisturbed lay of snow, leaving no traces of the earth beneath it. With the sun peaking out somewhere from above, it was nearly blinding to look at, but Mother seemed to be on my side today as a cloud billowed over to cover the Sun. A grin pulled at my lips at the thought, and onward I went to explore the wintry wonderland, the crunching of the snow my only company.

"Maybe I should bring Roskuld up here next time," I said aloud, uncaring if there was nobody else present to listen. I wasn't certain that the normally grumpy filly would even like it up here, but I figured it was at least worth a try. We weren't related by blood, I knew, but she was my family nonetheless and I would treat her as the big brother I always wished to be.

Credits
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
Louder Than Words [Israfel] - by Mesec - 06-12-2013, 08:56 PM
RE: Louder Than Words [Israfel] - by Israfel - 06-13-2013, 09:12 PM
RE: Louder Than Words [Israfel] - by Mesec - 06-16-2013, 09:30 PM