the Rift

[PRIVATE] Louder Than Words [Israfel]

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

mesec</style>
      boy of the night fell from the stars</style>

Entranced as I was in my snowy surroundings, I was ignorant to the appearance of another behind me. My head was lowered at her time of arrival, moving my upper lip back and forth at what was surely once a vibrant, colorful thistle. The frigid chill had long since taken it, however, and idly I wondered why it was the only one left standing. Not that it mattered...

'Excuse me?'

The sudden voice caused my head to snap up in surprise, a flurry of snow kicked up by my hooves as I hurried forward a step or two. But as my mind processed those two words, I found no trace of an intent to harm, and even more surprisingly, I felt that I had heard this voice before. Swallowing thickly my embarrassment, I turned myself around to face my newfound company. Indeed, I had seen this filly before, seasons ago when we had both been so much lankier. We had both grown since then, physically as well as mentally I was certain. But, what on earth was her name...?

'... I'm Israfel.'

""Israfel?" I repeated, head tipping to one side as that Birdsong day all clicked together in my head, painting a scene. Aviya had been with me last time, claiming that I was closest to my Mother here of all places. A part of me missed those days, when Aviya and I could hold a somewhat civilized conversation without being at one another's throats. But with a pursing of my lips, I pushed the thoughts of my sister away; she wasn't the one standing before me right now, Israfel was.

A smile was quick to replace my look of confusion, hoping that I hadn't appeared too rude in my moment of thought. Picking up my feet, I made my way through the snow and began to approach her with ears twisted forward. Although I wouldn't admit it out loud, I was terribly nervous to be in the presence of a lady that was so close to my own age, especially one so beautiful as her. In the depths of my mind, I prayed that my nerves wouldn't cause me to trip over myself as I closed in on her.

""Yes," I answered her, ""During Birdsong, I think it was... My name is Mesec." When I found myself just feet away from her, I drew to a halt and outstretched my muzzle towards her in a form of friendly greeting. ""What brings you up here?" My curiosity asked before I could come up with anything better. How stupid and mundane I must have sounded, and inwardly I cursed myself as I awaited her response.

Credits
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
Louder Than Words [Israfel] - by Mesec - 06-12-2013, 08:56 PM
RE: Louder Than Words [Israfel] - by Israfel - 06-13-2013, 09:12 PM
RE: Louder Than Words [Israfel] - by Mesec - 06-16-2013, 09:30 PM