the Rift

[OPEN] stumbling children make mistakes

Amara Posts: 136
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sameira :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire dark

After my disappointment with the God of the Sun, I had begun my trek home, taking caution, for it was beginning to darken. The stars were slowly rising into the night as I wandered towards my home. Being a foal, I did not realize I had taken a wrong turn. I assumed I was going the right way, speeding through the white winter woods. I could feel my heart jumping as I spotted light ahead of me. It was dim, but it was light. I assumed it was the setting sun, still sinking below the ocean.

I sped up, but forced myself to stop. I couldn't gallop anymore, it was too tiring. So I slowed my pace to a gentle walk, my footfalls soft, quiet. I heard something behind me rustle, and I widened my eyes. I dared not turn around, so I hurried behind a large tree and opened my left wing, bending my neck so that I caught my little doll that fell from my wing. I always kept her there, between my body and my wing. I took her hand between my teeth and kept walking, feeling slightly comforted. Wind howled, and I squeezed my eyes shut. I opened my eyes after a few minutes, only to be greeted by almost complete darkness. I squealed through my clenched teeth. I walked farther, towards the dim red light.

I watched my breath as I walked, it came from my nostrils like white smoke. It would swirl away, vanishing into the night air. This was my first Frostfall, and hopefully next Frostfall I would be smart enough not to go off the beach, where it's not as cold. I stumbled forward, almost dropping my doll. I flicked my ears back as something flew above my head. A screech came from above me, and then snow fell onto my back. Taking a look above me, I caught sight of a dark mouse-like creature. It hung from a tree branch my its toes. As soon as I looked at it, it squealed and showed me its leathery wings. I swallowed, my knees shaking. I moved faster, the light ahead growing.

I burst into a misty little clearing, squinting to see through the mist. I could barely see anything but the small flame that flickered. I wandered towards it, warming myself. Because I was a child, I did not think it was odd for a little fire to be lit in the middle of nowhere. I didn't hesitate to lay myself on the coarse grass, sighing. I placed my doll between my small legs, letting her lean against my chest and gaze at the fire. I closed my eyes for the moment, oblivious of the fact that I was in herd land.

"Talk talk talk."

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
stumbling children make mistakes - by Amara - 06-13-2013, 01:53 PM
RE: stumbling children make mistakes - by Hellena - 06-14-2013, 07:00 AM
RE: stumbling children make mistakes - by Amara - 06-17-2013, 08:54 PM
RE: stumbling children make mistakes - by Hellena - 06-23-2013, 06:28 AM