the Rift

[OPEN] stumbling children make mistakes

Hellena Posts: 64
World's Edge Seer
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 26 Buff: NOVICE
Whit

I knew the moment the child had awoken.

Mediation was a great art, one that I have practised for most of my life; it allowed me to philosophise my thoughts and learnings, to reconsider and rejudge what events may have passed; what events may yet occur. It was something that I had learned to do in a semi-conscious state; I was able to be alert to my surrounds in an almost hypersensitive way, whilst also focus my energy deep within, to mull and chew through the day's tasks at hand. I did this for most of the night, and when the child beside me began to show evidence of walking in her own dreams, I shifted my stance to observe her more closely. What images, sounds, animations, wandered through a young one's mind? I did wonder, for I certainly do not remember myself. It awoke soon after that, wings unfolding and refolding, eyes blinking dolefully; I am aware of her silent observation of me, of her sudden recluse when she thinks she could hide.

Ears were keenly aware of the words she spoke, I winced at the butchered language the young on spoke, once again never remembering my own inability to direct my tongue as a youth - it was so very long ago, of course. Two questions were voiced, and with them, the action of standing was commenced. The obvious hunger of the child did not go unnoticed by me, but I was unconcerned; I would have her returned to her home and family soon enough, especially now that she was awake.

"I am Hellena. We are in the World's Edge, a herdland you have trespassed upon. Follow me to the border, where I can then direct you on the path back to your family." I spoke simply, slowly, clearly, dipping my tiara and curving my body to motion that the child should follow me. There was little room for dispute of the fact; the little Outcast did not belong here, and the Qian would not stand to be accused of stealing a foal from the side of its mother. Best to get it out of here well rested (albeit hungry) and onwards to home sooner rather then later, than face the potential wrath of an unknown entity, waking in the morning to find their beloved child gone.

Hellena</style>
May the stars tuck you in at night,
May the Moon watch over you, always.
</style>

background pattern by Patrick Hoesly @ flickr.com

Messages In This Thread
stumbling children make mistakes - by Amara - 06-13-2013, 01:53 PM
RE: stumbling children make mistakes - by Hellena - 06-14-2013, 07:00 AM
RE: stumbling children make mistakes - by Amara - 06-17-2013, 08:54 PM
RE: stumbling children make mistakes - by Hellena - 06-23-2013, 06:28 AM