the Rift

You Oughta Know [Xira]

Xira Posts: 67
Up For Adoption atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 hh :: 7 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kye :: Red-Footed Falcon :: Read Adoptable

Photo © Tony McLean
</style>
       Her retort was lacking, and Xira found herself wondering if the mare had simply missed the sarcasm in her previous comment entirely, or was stubbornly ignoring it along with the rest of her barbed nuances. The chestnut only snorted in reply to the petty remark. She was not offended by being called a bitch- she'd heard it before and would again, she wasn't going to change her ways to avoid a fairly commonplace term. Resting discontentedly between Xira's wings, the falcon let out a light and quiet screech in retaliation. The mare beneath her did nothing to stop her charge or reprimand her; as far as she was concerned, Kye was acting quite appropriately.

Thank Xira! came a voice, quiet yet firm with emotion and a hint of pride. Her companion had been quiet today; perhaps her mind was tired from their earlier communication. Still, it was a gift to hear her companion's voice and understand her poorly constructed phrases. It was endearing to hear Kye as a child, when her maturity and sharp tongue seemed befit of one much older.

Faced with the egyptian mare's name and rank, Xira found herself stifling shock. So this was Mesir the informant? She was no unknown in the herd; she'd been in the herd for as long as the order had been established, possibly even earlier. She'd lived there since before the Tuuli invasion and the overthrow of Ra the Sun Emissary. And to think she'd just disrespected her so blatantly.... no, that was a joke. Xira didn't care who the mare was, she didn't like her. Still, she wasn't one to deny an introduction when it was applicable.

"I am Xira, and my companion is Kye. I too am an informant for the Dragon's Throat, the chestnut spoke plainly, her head tilted up in a display of pride and her green eyes shining down as they looked upon the equine. "As long as you have no intention of changing my opinions, I'm content to let you rest with yours, no matter how ignorant your blind beliefs may make you," Xira huffed, her tone one of reluctant compromise, and her folding wings a sign of a truce. If Mesir couldn't respect that simple tenant then they may have a problem, but she doubted it would be an issue. As much as she hated to admit it, the mare seemed intelligent enough. She must have been to last as an informant in the Throat for as long as she had.

Messages In This Thread
You Oughta Know [Xira] - by Mesir - 07-25-2012, 12:45 PM
RE: You Oughta Know [Xira] - by Xira - 07-25-2012, 01:57 PM
RE: You Oughta Know [Xira] - by Mesir - 07-26-2012, 11:46 AM
RE: You Oughta Know [Xira] - by Xira - 07-31-2012, 01:22 PM
RE: You Oughta Know [Xira] - by Mesir - 08-02-2012, 02:47 PM
RE: You Oughta Know [Xira] - by Xira - 08-02-2012, 03:35 PM
RE: You Oughta Know [Xira] - by Mesir - 08-03-2012, 11:19 AM
RE: You Oughta Know [Xira] - by NPC - 08-05-2012, 08:55 PM
RE: You Oughta Know [Xira] - by Xira - 08-05-2012, 09:50 PM
RE: You Oughta Know [Xira] - by Mesir - 08-06-2012, 11:56 PM
RE: You Oughta Know [Xira] - by Xira - 08-15-2012, 08:50 PM