the Rift

Hopes up high and your head down low - open

Circe Posts: 101
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
M.E.
Circe

It was a rather sudden transition from the serious, stoic depression that Circe had been going through lately; she watched the alarm that shot through the body of the strange mare, watched the shock and confusion flit across that face as clear as day—and somewhere, somehow, a chuckle threatened to unearth itself from the depths of Circe’s bosom. She hadn’t the slightest clue why—suppose the mare’s blunt, open demeanor was refreshing to Circe, only getting better as the mare murmured under her breath.

*"And here I thought this place was rather peaceful,"*

“You would think,” Circe said in answering, leaning back on one rear hoof while her tail waved lazily behind her in quiet amusement, “but I warn you now, stranger, that this peacefulness is only a façade. Don’t turn your back on it.” Her words were blunt, but they weren’t harsh in the slightest; indeed, in the depths of her tone was great interest and a hint of her old self shining through the dead croak of her futility. A spark began dancing to and fro inside her chest, and the boggled expression on the mare’s face only served to bring the subdued chuckle to the fore. Circe’s shoulders rumbled ever so slightly as a genteel snicker escaped her lips; What are you? the strange mare asked. How was one to answer such a question?

“What am I?” Circe repeated, her brow rising slightly as she regarded this unknown equine with bored and tickled eyes. Such a personal question to ask upon one’s first meeting—but the mare was honest and straightforward, and Circe would grace her with the same commendable attributes. Besides, she had placed Circe in a good mood. “I am a warrior. I am a unicorn. I am a sorceress. I am a mare, and this mare is called Circe.” She paused, furrowing her brow a little, her tail continuing to twist and coil behind her, her eyes continuing to regard the mare before her. “Now it is my turn to ask: What are you?

Messages In This Thread
Hopes up high and your head down low - open - by Cthulhu - 06-13-2013, 08:06 PM
RE: Hopes up high and your head down low - open - by Cthulhu - 06-14-2013, 09:26 PM
RE: Hopes up high and your head down low - open - by Cthulhu - 06-14-2013, 11:42 PM
RE: Hopes up high and your head down low - open - by Cthulhu - 06-15-2013, 10:32 PM
RE: Hopes up high and your head down low - open - by Circe - 06-14-2013, 09:51 PM