the Rift

[OPEN] possibilities [Resplendence]

Quilyan Posts: 206
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zarina :: Pygmy Marmoset :: Quantum Leap ChaoticMelodies

But when his heart was lifted up, and his mind hardened in pride...
Quilyan
...he was deposed from his kingly throne, and they took his glory from him.

Zarina takes note of the proceedings and rises, feeling the anguish within her bond mate. Perhaps once she would have scolded Resplendence for forcing such feelings to rise up within him, but she can also feel the desire to share his history. It is an odd combination of sensations, and she begins to comb his mane with tiny fingers, hoping to provide support. Gratitude flows through the bond, for he is glad for any assistance he can get. No one has asked him to relive his past in the time since he has arrived in Helovia, and it is not an easy thing to revisit. Perhaps he thinks that if he simply does not speak of it, it will go away, or it will never had happened. Perhaps he could pretend that his family is still alive and well in that land far away. But he knows the truth, and soon she will, too.

Her muzzle brushes against his, and the sudden warmth brings a bit of softness back to him. He remembers that he cannot change the past, nor can he allow it to rule his future. "I was born a prince," he begins, weaving a tale as though it is merely a story. If he allows himself to feel it all over, he will be lost. "My land was beautiful, back then, as large as Helovia, with my family ruling it all. I would like to think that my mother and father were kind rulers, though I cannot say as much for sure. They loved me in their own way, but I was raised mainly by a nursemaid, and I saw very little of them. I had six siblings, once, all from the same lineage as I. The royal family mated for life, you see." his gaze roved over her at that, then returned to the ocean. He chose not to mention how he had certainly not mated for life, not back then.

"And then there was the rebellion." He darkens considerably, his voice bitter. "I don't know what started it, really, but then perhaps I was just sheltered. My parents never really instructed me on how to rule the realm, though I was set to inherit it. I resented that, I seem to recall. Anyway, if I had been in the capital that day... I saw the ruins, after. I don't know how anyone of high blood survived, or if they did. My parents, at least, had been murdered -" rather brutally, in fact, but as even he shies away from the memory, he will not place it upon her to suffer "- and several of my siblings. My oldest brother, a year younger than I, had been with me that day, so he escaped alive. And my youngest sister was nowhere to be found. I'd like to think that she survived, but...

"Erigor - my brother - he travelled to Helovia with me, but we were never really close, and we parted ways. I haven't seen him since then. I haven't heard word of him. I assume he's dead, too."
He swallows hard, shaking his head. They had never been close, as he'd told her, but one tends to hold on to the last living shred of one's history. He sighs. "If there is anything more you would know of me, you may ask. I do not wish to hide anything from you."

[W/C | ---]
@[Resplendence]
Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

RayoDeSoleil.deviantart.com | Ness8Bit.deviantart.com

Please tag Quilyan in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to plot with Quilyan? Visit his plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
possibilities [Resplendence] - by Quilyan - 06-14-2013, 12:57 AM
RE: possibilities [Resplendence] - by Quilyan - 06-15-2013, 11:44 PM
RE: possibilities [Resplendence] - by Quilyan - 06-16-2013, 01:01 AM
RE: possibilities [Resplendence] - by Quilyan - 06-16-2013, 07:19 PM
RE: possibilities [Resplendence] - by Quilyan - 06-16-2013, 10:42 PM
RE: possibilities [Resplendence] - by Quilyan - 06-22-2013, 10:33 PM