the Rift

[OPEN] you're something beautiful, a contradiction

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

mesec</style>
      boy of the night fell from the stars</style>

So close was it to my home that I often found myself wandering to to the peak of these fields, grateful that such a place was so near the Foothills. On the most clear of nights I would come here, content to get comfortable and gaze quietly at the sky. Even if fate had placed me differently and I had not come from the Moon herself, I was certain that I would have found the very same beauty in the night time sky as I did now. Only for me, it was different; I was a part of it, after all, as the son of the night.

Any time I found myself up here without the company of another, my thoughts were nearly as many as the stars above. Mother was still one of the main subjects at the forefront of my mind, coupled with the usual questions I had regarding her. Did she truly love me? When I had met her last in the Veins, she had been so kind as to grant me a quest, yet she she'd seemed uncaring of anything other than the details of the magic I sought, She seemed proud that I had obliged for the ability to grow poisons of my own creation, and had reminded me that we were one.

'We are the Dark, and the Night and the Winds, Mesec; you and I. Never forget that.'

Soon after, I had managed to push the thoughts of my true Mother out of my head and instead to Ophelia. The thought of the pale maiden lit a smile across my face; I loved her dearly, and though I was young and far from grown into my body, I was ready to give her all that I could and grant everything that she asked of me. Even if they weren't related to me by blood, I had a family now, complete with a brother and sister who loved me(although sometimes I wondered about Roskuld), and I couldn't be happier.

As night progressed, I had finally dozed off, mentally exhausted. But I awoke as the stars began to fade, taken over by the light of the sun. It's warmth would do little good for the inhabitants of Helovia, for it was rare that its rays were capable of piercing the frigid cold and warming the backs of anyone. Shifting where I stood, I outstretched my neck and shook my body free of rigidy, prepared to turn around and make my way back home. But just as I lifted a foot to begin my journey, a sound caught in my ears and forced me to pause. It was a heavy noise, one that bothered me beyond comprehension, and turning my head, my eyes sought the one guilty of the sigh.

In the distance stood a achromic figure, who I might have mistaken for dear Ophelia if not for the lack of crimson tresses. Turning myself, I hesitantly began to approach, curious as to who this was and why they sounded so troubled. But with each step closer I carried myself, I began to take notice of the dark, obscure spots that speckled the towering beast of snow, who very suddenly I recognized as Mauja. My breath nearly hitched in my throat as I gazed upon him, but my mind quickly began to work, reminded me that the Frostheart had never shown me anything but a kind eye. I was still nervous to approach, however, but if there was anyone who knew not to judge beforehand, it was me.

"... Why do you sigh, Sir?" Came my voice, shockingly confident in its tone and surprising even myself. As I came to a halt, I was prepared for any movement that came too suddenly from the Frostheart, knowing that I could simply vanish in the darkness I had been borne of before he could bring harm to me.

"You are Mauja... The Frostheart. Right?"

Credits
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
RE: you're something beautiful, a contradiction - by Mesec - 06-18-2013, 08:57 PM