the Rift

[OPEN] you're something beautiful, a contradiction

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

mesec</style>
      boy of the night fell from the stars</style>

Much to my surprise, Mauja remained silent at my words. His expression was unwavering, and where I expected him to narrow his eyes, there was nothing. Maybe somewhere, deep down in that ice cold heart of his, there was a sliver of guilt taking over. I might have felt satisfied at drawing such a reaction from the speckled Lord, to know that he actually felt bad for doing absolutely nothing for me...

... But that was not my nature.

Never had I made the attempt to try and get to know the Lord of the Basin, despite his rather long absence some time ago. It wasn't my place to blame him entirely on what had happened, though if not for him, who would be to blame? Mother, Father? Psyche? Myself, even? Perhaps it was wrong of me to try and blame anyone for the things that had happened, but I felt it my right to know just why I had been turned away for more reasons than one. It wasn't my fault that my Mother had taken the World's Edge from them, nor was it my fault that I had been birthed with attributes of all equid species. I had tried on many occasions to show the herd that I wasn't so terrible, but had been turned away more often than not. Even my own sister had confided in me just how badly she wanted to rip my wings off.

When Mauja finally spoke up, I was admittedly shocked to hear a stinging bitterness on his tongue, but decided not to comment on it. The Frostheart was an enigma indeed, for not a second later, his tone seemed to calm and the smallest of smile curved the corners of his mouth. I took a moment to think over the words he had just spoken; 'I find myself in a position that is both dangerous and hard to maintain.' A look of perplexion crossed my own face, and lifting my gaze to meet the blue eyes of the Lord, even if he was no longer looking right at me, I voiced myself.

"If it's so difficult," I began, pausing a moment to see if he would return his attention back on me. By now, my voice had calmed considerably, and I hope he wouldn't taken my words in the wrong way. Moments ago, I might not have sounded it, but I wanted to help him even if he could not help me. "Then why do you not stop? Something is eating you up, Mauja; is it leadership? My accusations might have been bold, but I simply wanted to know. Was it his title as Lord of the Basin that was souring him? A gentle sigh left my lips.

"And do not tell me it will pass - it isn't always that easy."

Credits
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
RE: you're something beautiful, a contradiction - by Mesec - 07-08-2013, 09:35 PM