the Rift

[OPEN] Welcome Home [Kahlua, Mirage OR Thor]

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
Days had passed since I had obtained knowledge of Dúchanar’s past, many of which I spent deciding how I felt about him now. He was still the same beast that I had invited into my home some time ago, but I now felt as though I held reservations for the beast in the name of enlightenment. My family had become my pride and their safety was something that sat heavily upon my shoulders now. Could I ever trust an animal that thought it acceptable to hide so much truth from someone they considered friend and brother? Only time would tell and though I was not thrilled about the waiting process, I was somewhat convinced that I could trust Dúchanar to think twice about crossing me.

However, when his musky fragrance found its way to my eager senses, I could not conceal the slight grimace that hardened my lips. I was slow to find my way to his side, but when I did, I was surprised that he had returned to the Edge with a painted mare in tow. I exhaled slowly before nodding to the pair with curious eyes. I had no intentions of relating my former suspicions about Dúchanar to this new creature, divine as she was, but I was content to nod curtly to the brute before turning my full attention to the mare at his side. “Welcome to the Edge my dear; I do hope that you find our amenities to your standards.

I felt no need to introduce myself just yet because I intended to indulge in pleasant conversation before alarming the girl with my title and the intensity that often came with such a position. I wanted her to feel comfortable in my presence before resorting to the automatic reaction of awe that came with meeting any new Lead, though perhaps such reservations were best saved for Mirage as I was often construed as being sickly amiable- not that I minded in most cases. “I’m Thor and I see that you’ve met Dúchanar- he does not often wholly represent the Edge and our customs as some of us are wont to do.” I smiled halfheartedly at the pale-faced stallion in an attempt to convince him of my humor, though I wasn’t quite sure how he would take to my teasing after sharing his past with me…

Quietly, I leaned back onto my hips, now content with the fact that formalities had been covered on my part as I often hated the mundane routine of introductions. For a moment I looked from one blue-eyed creature to the other, quite humored by the idea that the two made a perfect match physically, if not mentally and emotionally. I had no preconceptions about their relationship, but it amused me just the same. After all, I had to entertain myself in some way or another because life could often become humdrum if one let it.

As the cold breeze of Frostfall began to blow against my face, I allowed myself to drift from reality and sway against the soft rushing of the waves in the background of my home. I had no doubts that this mare would enjoy this land as much as I- just as long as I deemed her worthy of calling it her own.
Thor

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
Welcome Home [Kahlua, Mirage OR Thor] - by Dúchanar - 06-14-2013, 01:39 PM
RE: Welcome Home [Kahlua, Mirage OR Thor] - by Thor - 06-15-2013, 01:02 PM
RE: Welcome Home [Kahlua, Mirage OR Thor] - by Dúchanar - 06-17-2013, 03:52 PM