the Rift

[OPEN] Welcome Home [Kahlua, Mirage OR Thor]

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin

OOC| Got a message from Darq saying life was hectic and to go on without her :-)

Soft. The second time someone had used that word to describe Duchanar, her being the first. Repeating things doesn't always make them true but... well, Kahlua wasn't much of a philosopher. If it meant something, it was somewhat beyond her. Beautiful. The word struck a chord with her. It was always nice to be appreciated. A smile lit her face as he spoke. He laughed- she loved it. In fact, she loved it so much she couldn't help but flicking her tail up just so slightly in response. Life was good. Life would get better. Was it strange that she was so happy and so intent on gaining some sort of power? Why had no one bothered to tell her that shying from fights and being of average or less intelligence were not traits of a leader? She didn't know. She'd always been this way and no one had tried to teach her any different. In every way, she was her brother's opposite. He was strong, smart, not much of a looker and rather depressing in her mind. Had he grown up so different? Probably not. Strange, the way the world worked.

Home. The word was nice to hear. Too long she had been on her own. The life of a solitary wanderer was not for her. She needed others to flourish and shine. She needed others to protect her too. “I cannot wait to meet your partner. If she's as deserving of her title as you are, then I'm sure it will be a treat for me.” A brief smile flashed across her face. Not too much, she reminded herself. Flattery was good. Clearly the bay stallion was enjoying it. But too much of a good thing could be a bad thing. Did she have it down to a science? Not exactly, horses are so finicky and individual in their preferences, but she was always striving to perfect her art.

Lace or Aaron- the Glaziers. She repeated the names and title several times in her head. They would be important in her future, she was certain. She shifted her weight to the left and allowed him to finish his speech. It hurt her brain to philosophize too much; still, she couldn't help but be curious about the wall. A furrowed brow betrayed her confusion briefly before her normal, bright look returned. “A wall? I'm surprised such measures are required to ensure the safety of your.... our land.” She wasn't questioning his judgment. Certainly if he and the DragonHeart deemed it necessary than it was. In Helovia, she had simply found a country that was more war-minded than she was used to. “Still, what's good for the gander is good for the goose. If a wall is what the herd needs, then a wall is what I shall help build.” Her smile returned. She didn't yet understand the workings of this land but she could still work toward her own goal. A bat of the eyelashes. “Your company would be most welcome; I'm ready as you are, my lord.” She offered a quick glance to Duchanar- he was probably gald to be rid of her- before settling her gaze once more on the bay stallion.
Everyone thinks you have to be smart to be powerful. Maybe it helps sometimes. I'm not convinced it's always necessary. I'm pretty sure it's often who you know rather than what you know. And beyond that, I'm pretty sure that those 'whos' that you know should like you. I mean, really. Who is going to promote their worst enemy? So why not make your superiors feel special. After all, it only makes perfect sense.
.KAHLUA

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Messages In This Thread
Welcome Home [Kahlua, Mirage OR Thor] - by Dúchanar - 06-14-2013, 01:39 PM
RE: Welcome Home [Kahlua, Mirage OR Thor] - by Dúchanar - 06-17-2013, 03:52 PM
RE: Welcome Home [Kahlua, Mirage OR Thor] - by Kahlua - 06-23-2013, 10:33 PM