the Rift

[OPEN] The Guide and the Lady [Antheia, Open, Acceptance]

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

From darkness Antheia's voice echoes to him, sounding shakier than previously. Kaj fears not the darkness, but his chest seizes in utter panic for the family lying in the woods behind him. The tiny faces of every little soul from the meetings he has been privy to flashes in his mind's eye, accompanied by the loving and trusting expressions upon the features of every soul that looked up to him and Destrier. They trusted and held faith in them. Kaj needed, more than anything, to find his flightless brother and the emerald draconic child that accompanied him. The information that came from the feminine lyrics was more than helpful, of course. Sharply his gaze flies sightlessly back to a figure he cannot discern any longer. "A pegasus you say? What of his coloring? Were there any others?" He tries not to ask it sharply, but he is in the mode that brings out the commander within him, the true general that hides beneath a calm demeanor. Inside he hopes she will choose if she will follow or stay behind quickly, for he must find his brother in arms, must assure that Mirage and Thor are safe.

She chooses rather easily, but the emphasis she puts on home brings a tiny quirk to his lips. If she cherished the notion as much as he, she would fit within the Edge seamlessly. "Then a home you shall find, miss Antheia. Stay close, I do not want you lost or harmed. I shall be your alert to any objects in our path." As a gentleman and a natural leader, Kaj would rather shred his own legs on hidden brush and barbs than she. He hears her step towards him, his other senses on high alert with one of them removed. Reaching out he attempts to brush her shoulder, show her where he is precisely. "Now, we go to our WeyrLeaders. We must assure the herd is safe. Come child, you shall soon meet Mirage and Thor. I will lead you to the Crafters when I know all is well." Turning, he brushed one massive wing against her, allowing her a guide and perhaps shelter should she wish to hide beneath the canopy it created.

The stallion had said nothing, and so Kaj let him be silent and choose his own path. There was nothing more he could do for him if he would not validate Kaj's offer. Turning, he began the briskly gaited trek back towards the heart of the land, watching as little firefly lights started to glow within the mists. Was this perhaps some sort of sign that the Gods had not abandoned them?

---
Kaj out <3
Thread continued Here if you'd like to pop Antheia in there!

KAJ
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts
image credits
table by whit

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Guide and the Lady [Antheia, Open, Acceptance] - by Kaj - 06-29-2013, 08:37 PM