the Rift

[PRIVATE] Burn Everything You Love, then Burn the Ashes

Aiko Darleane Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
"The quest was still fresh in my mind. Yes, it was time I got back to it, and it was far from over. I still had more to meet. I repeated my Patron God's words over and over and yet over again in my head so many times that I was sick of hearing it. Though I knew I would never forget, learning by now that my memory was very good, I only wanted to hear his voice again. What drove me to like him so much? Perhaps how he was made of fire, or how it healed that spotted dog's shoulder...Mauja? Yes, the tension between him and my father was relevant when we went out and play in the snow that one day, and I wondered why, and later on he would tell me. He had a heart made of frost, cold and icy like his home, where he had been kept all that time while I was looking for him. The Aurora Basin was far from a good place in my eyes, and it was there that housed all the tension between the herds. The Basin was the main reason for many troubles that not only hurt our home land, but the other two as well. Knowing this, even if I shouldn't, I headed north. North was a bad direction, and it might give me some input I had wondered about from time to time now that my father was back. Why was the Aurora Basin so bad? Perhaps I could speak to one of it's members, or get to know them so that I could tell the Sun God about them.

That's it! What a wonderful plan! I traveled through the thick forests, making way as I avoided playing with snow the small birds and mammals hiding about in it. Today was a day for focusing, and though I was cold enough by the time I reached a stopping point, it would only get colder if I continued on. From where I was, a meadow made of dried brown and tan grass covered my loud hoof steps as I moved slowly. I moved the way towards where I could see a thick blanket of snow, across a wide plain. There in the distance was a structure that looked to be made of ice, for it shone in the Frostfall sun, twinkling back and forth. And from there, out in the far out distance, was an large mountain and small group of mountains, and even without much thought I knew it to be the place of wrong doing, the place where those that are like me are tortured and possibly killed. I gulped, shivering, but not because I was cold from the chill of the wind or the falling snow. No, this chill was of what would await me in such a terrible place. I would not dare go further, for my Sultana, and not to mention my father, forbid me to go near it. No, this was close enough.

Now, to find a member of the Basin that would talk to me...

@[d'Artagnan]

And out of all the things I've done
I think I love you better now

Messages In This Thread
Burn Everything You Love, then Burn the Ashes - by Aiko Darleane - 06-17-2013, 10:46 AM