the Rift

A Child [Any god]

Tares Posts: 74
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3 hh :: 38 months
Alex

With delicate attentions I listen to the Earth God's request, my long black tail catching the slight night breeze which brings my beard flying up across my neck. My yellow eyes watch the great being with care as he speaks to me in a deep and soulful voice, and I hang on each word that is flung from his lips. He gives me the task of loving Aure, and I know with certainty that it will be no challenge. He tells me that I must carry the child, and I internally nod, accepting what I had already assumed to be true. And then, the last request- I must live in the foothills during my pregnancy and the foal's first few days.

There is a slight hesitation as I realize that this will separate me from Aure, but I'm certain she'll understand the weight of the situation and the importance of carrying out his task. I pause only for moments before nodding and answering in a soft, humbled voice, "I will do all that you ask of me." Arbutus seems wary of the massive being, and lands upon my shoulders with a fearful stance as he hides within his fiery wings. I nuzzle him lightly before turning back to the God and looking at him with utter respect. His blessing for this child is a gift, and I shan't forget it.

Messages In This Thread
A Child [Any god] - by Tares - 07-25-2012, 03:05 PM
RE: A Child [Any god] - by God of the Earth - 07-25-2012, 09:00 PM
RE: A Child [Any god] - by Tares - 07-25-2012, 09:11 PM
RE: A Child [Any god] - by God of the Earth - 07-25-2012, 09:24 PM
RE: A Child [Any god] - by Tares - 07-25-2012, 09:40 PM
RE: A Child [Any god] - by God of the Earth - 07-25-2012, 09:50 PM
RE: A Child [Any god] - by Tares - 07-25-2012, 10:06 PM