the Rift

A Child [Any god]

Tares Posts: 74
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3 hh :: 38 months
Alex

The task had been assigned and the terms were clear. With certainty I nod in response, and bow once more as a gesture of respect. Cautiously and curiously, Arbutus peeks out from behind his wings to look the massive god in the face, and I wonder instantly what he is feeling. Does he know my unbridled joy, does he thank the God as much as I? Likely not, but they speak of the bond as if it is sharing the same soul... I push the thought aside and refocus on the God of the Earth, who stands humble despite being so tall and powerful above me. The chain settles upon my neck as he gently places it over my head, and I feel the weight of the vial hit my chest with a firm understanding of its significance. I will not have lied to this being- I will keep my promise and love the child until the end.

"I understand, great being. Thank you for your gift," I reply in hushed tones, feeling somewhat subdued by the night. Around me the world seems to fade into nothingness, and the veins becomes all that I can feel around me. But I know I cannot stay- with one last glance and another bow for good measure, I turn from the God and leave him alone in the night, wondering faintly and curiously if he has ever been a mortal like me.

Messages In This Thread
A Child [Any god] - by Tares - 07-25-2012, 03:05 PM
RE: A Child [Any god] - by God of the Earth - 07-25-2012, 09:00 PM
RE: A Child [Any god] - by Tares - 07-25-2012, 09:11 PM
RE: A Child [Any god] - by God of the Earth - 07-25-2012, 09:24 PM
RE: A Child [Any god] - by Tares - 07-25-2012, 09:40 PM
RE: A Child [Any god] - by God of the Earth - 07-25-2012, 09:50 PM
RE: A Child [Any god] - by Tares - 07-25-2012, 10:06 PM