the Rift

[OPEN] back n' back again

Amara Posts: 136
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sameira :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire dark

I was back.

Again.

Something within me had simply told me to come back. A little voice that sounded a lot like my mom's told me there was something special that was waiting for me. Of course, I was a little scared at first. I mean, I'm a young foal, so of course I was a little suspicious of this tugging feeling, but it had gotten the best of me.

I wandered a worn trail to the Heart this time, making sure I remembered to take the correct turn. I had ended up somewhere that hadn't been the beach last time.

I trod through the grass my eyes flickering, trying to spot something interesting. I led myself to the edge of the pit, gazing into it as heat rose high above head and into the sky. I made sure to leave early, so that I would (hopefully) arrive home by late afternoon. At least, this is what I hoped to do.

As I bore my gaze into the edge of the flaming pit, I noticed a small, black thing that glimmered as it teetered from the edge. I squinted, trying to see what it is. Perking my small ears forward, I hear nothing from that direction. My eyes widened and I began calling, a gentle coo. I didn't even realize I was cooing a little song my mother had sung me in one of my dreams. (I assumed it was an animal of some sort). The small thing didn't move, so I walked closer to it.

My heart fluttered as I realized this was an egg of some type. I watched as the egg rocked dangerously close to the pit, unable to balance. I didn't want to get burned trying to grab the poor thing, but I didn't want someone else to get it. So, with caution I stooped down, trying to push the thing forward with my chin. Gently I rolled it away from the edge, nuzzling it. The egg stayed still, it was a dark grey with blue and gold striping. The egg sat there, unmoving. I took a small step back, a little confused. I nudged it away from the edge, and away from me, prepared to leave it and allow its mother to find it. Sighing, I narrowed my eyes. It would be wrong to leave an egg here all alone. I inhaled, and finally decided that I would take the egg and keep it as my own. I placed myself on the ground next to the egg, slowly unfolding my right wing. I attempted to scoop it up, but failed. Frowning, I struggled to pick it up. This time, my wing wrapped around the egg like a blanket. I held the egg and loosely tucked it in my wing, where it was warm. Sighing, I decided it was about time I headed home. But I knew I was forgetting something... oh yes! A name for the little egg. I was able to see the glimmering surface of the egg through a small gap between my shoulder and my wing, and I smiled at the egg. Sameira, that is what the name of whatever popped from the egg would be. Yes, I liked that name. I grinned and then continued on, making sure the egg was safe in my wing before heading home.

"Talk talk talk."

[[I was told by Aud to make a thread with Amara discovering Sameira's egg, so here it is. I hope I did everything right. And I've already posted in the Updates. :3]]

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
back n' back again - by Amara - 06-17-2013, 09:54 PM
RE: back n' back again - by Donai - 06-18-2013, 12:39 PM
RE: back n' back again - by Amara - 06-18-2013, 01:55 PM
RE: back n' back again - by Irrydae - 06-18-2013, 02:43 PM
RE: back n' back again - by Donai - 06-18-2013, 03:52 PM
RE: back n' back again - by Amara - 06-18-2013, 05:00 PM
RE: back n' back again - by Irrydae - 06-19-2013, 11:54 AM
RE: back n' back again - by Donai - 06-20-2013, 05:04 PM
RE: back n' back again - by Amara - 06-21-2013, 12:27 AM