the Rift

[OPEN] back n' back again

Donai Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

DONAI

The Leopard

I made it, I made it! It was one hell of a walk but I made it! I creped into the heart of Helovia, where the snow had altogether disappeared. It was an incredibly risky journey, but I made it! My weak legs welcomed the land as walls of snow and ice turned to dirt and shrubs of long, dried grass, my heart ached as it painfully reminded me of home here. I was hoping to escape the worst of the winter’s biting cold, still being dangerously under weight, constantly hungry, and further more unsuited for cold temperatures as a general species.
My steps loosened up from the cautious tip toe I was forced into under the snowy conditions, to an eased glide across the warm surface. Up ahead the sea of grass grows taller, into a fortress that seemed to reach for the stars, it was a welcoming sight but also somewhat suspicious… kind to think of it I don’t believe I’ve ever encountered grass this tall. Never the less I enter the fortress, the grass cloaking my body from any prying eyes. The only chance of being spotted would be if you were higher than the grass and able to see the small cluster of grass stalks moving around apart from the rest of the sea of grass. I looked to the sky briefly, what little visual opening the grass did provide was then invaded by clouds of smoke and debris from the heart of Helovia. Perhaps not as visually pleasing as what you would see else where, but at least my energy would no longer go into fueling my body temperature and I can focus on more important matters. Food.

After walking a good length of the territory I finally mustered up the nerve to approach the heart, as the grass began to thin I suddenly detected the sound of someone’s voice, slowing my gait and keeping my body low to the ground I crept towards the sounds of the voice. Bracing the opening of the grass my ears perked forward and my heart came to a jolting stop, I was not expecting to find much life here especially a lonely foal. I sat frozen in the grass watching the foal, it seemed to be trying to carry a young something I wasn’t too sure, but I really didn’t care. Tendrils of drool began to drizzle from my jowls as I began to salivate, my stomach cramping with starvation.

But I noted to myself just where it is I live, the small game of rabbits and vole I’ve been catching were barely enough to get me by but just how much trouble might I get into for taking one of their own? I belonged to a family with strict laws but…
Lifting my head ever so slightly, my ears turned back and forth, I firmly scanned the area. Yes, there’s no one else here. No defensive herd members, no mother for this youngster. Maybe… no one would notice?
My tongue brushed over my chops wiping the slobber hanging from them, well, maybe when I’m completely finished I could just toss the bones into the volcano. Yes! Then if anyone asks well… she fell in! Yes! It’s fool proof!

My heart now raced, threatening to burst from my chest, calm down ol’ girl, I tried to reassure myself. Quietly and very slowly, I crept forward, keeping low to the ground, my eyes fixed on the prey in front of me, my pupils dilated. I got within feet only feet of the foal, my limbs curled close to my body, the tip of my tail twitching. I prepared my pounce. Two steps forward…

I charged….

I don't really have any plan past this or any solid intentions on killing anyone's character, so basically if you anxiously poke in an adult for protection I am ok with this. I'm just struck with leopard muse :O

Messages In This Thread
back n' back again - by Amara - 06-17-2013, 09:54 PM
RE: back n' back again - by Donai - 06-18-2013, 12:39 PM
RE: back n' back again - by Amara - 06-18-2013, 01:55 PM
RE: back n' back again - by Irrydae - 06-18-2013, 02:43 PM
RE: back n' back again - by Donai - 06-18-2013, 03:52 PM
RE: back n' back again - by Amara - 06-18-2013, 05:00 PM
RE: back n' back again - by Irrydae - 06-19-2013, 11:54 AM
RE: back n' back again - by Donai - 06-20-2013, 05:04 PM
RE: back n' back again - by Amara - 06-21-2013, 12:27 AM