the Rift

[OPEN] back n' back again

Donai Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

DONAI

The Leopard

My head seemed to spin as the piercing shriek of the baby was enough to throw my gate off and my first strike missed. The intensity of that shrill scream popped an ear drum I think, this youngster clearly hasn’t heard anything about the flight or fight response. Caught up on the foal I made one last epic leap, my arms opened in aim to catch the rump of the baby. Yes! Here it is! The biggest meal I’ve had in weeks! The adrenaline surged through me!

But just as my claws had barely grazed the hairs on the foal, out of nowhere came the strangest sound I’ve ever heard FOOOOOOOOZZZZZZZZ!!
The world around me light up and for a moment time had completely stopped, then came the sound of thunder and the next thing I know I’m knocked almost 10feet in the air and I came crashing to the ground in a ball of smoke.

For a moment I laid on the ground, the wind completely knocked out of me and I gasped for air. Breathe… Breathe… BREATHE. I chanted in my head, finally taking in a big gulp of air and my chest inflated. I slowly lifted my head, my vision spinning. I could make out the blurred figure of two large purple winged horses that slowly merged together to one. The voice of the culprit echoed in my head ”Donai!”
I might’ve been angry or panicked but the dazzle of those beautiful purple feathers on that gorgeous sparkling… Oh hell those feathers are just breathtaking, that is all…
Pulling myself out of the trance I propped myself up, my ears were still ringing from the shock of it all. I looked at the ground ahead of me where… whatever that was—had hit, the ground was obliterated. A large empty pothole where the projectile had exploded rubble at over the place, leaving behind a bit of char just from the impact of the force and smoke rising from the hole. The aftermath of the damage.
It didn’t hit me, but then clearly it didn’t have to, there goes one of my nine lives.

My head finally coming together I looked up at the mare standing over me, still screaming her bloody head off, ”Stop! Stop!” All I managed to do was yell ”I stopped! I stopped!” and with a grunt of pain I cringed back from the mare. Thoughts of the foal came back to me but that chance was well gone, then a sudden realization hit me. That mare knew my name somehow?? I examined her closer, I hadn’t really ever had a good look at her, but the smell lofting off of her sent a shiver to my paws. I could detect the faint smell of Ophelia, the one who ruled my very home. This is a Grey member, ”Oh shit…” I faintly whispered.

Collecting myself I rolled to my belly and nervously scoot back from the mare, I waited for her to say something. Cause I know I sure had nothing to give her.

Messages In This Thread
back n' back again - by Amara - 06-17-2013, 09:54 PM
RE: back n' back again - by Donai - 06-18-2013, 12:39 PM
RE: back n' back again - by Amara - 06-18-2013, 01:55 PM
RE: back n' back again - by Irrydae - 06-18-2013, 02:43 PM
RE: back n' back again - by Donai - 06-18-2013, 03:52 PM
RE: back n' back again - by Amara - 06-18-2013, 05:00 PM
RE: back n' back again - by Irrydae - 06-19-2013, 11:54 AM
RE: back n' back again - by Donai - 06-20-2013, 05:04 PM
RE: back n' back again - by Amara - 06-21-2013, 12:27 AM