the Rift

[OPEN] Sit With Me On My Death Bed

Voodoo Posts: 231
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Eight :: Birdsong HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ouija :: Arctic Fox :: None Nevada

My skin is bruised, my mind is bent and chattering uncontrollably. What was I doing? Wandering, it seems. They mumbled to themselves in my head, keeping me company even though I was not included in the conversation. Images of gore; horrifying blood splatters and intestines rolled behind closed eye lids with every millisecond long blink. The things I had witnessed as a foal.. They would follow me forever. Haunting my dreams and nightscapes. Along with the images came the family of demons that constantly chirped in my skull. Also, I was cursed without the ability to taste. While others looked forward to the droplets of fresh dew on sweet Birdsong grass in the mornings, I looked forward to sleeping. But that had nothing to do with my history, that was just genetic luck.

Tired eyes stared forward, looking at nothing. My body quivered, the muscles twitching in order to not freeze. Eerie silence fell around me, the ocean seeming so far away, though I could see the blue clash of waves below my indirect gaze. Why was I cursed to feel this way? What had I done wrong? Why was I clashed with this bloody coat? The fight between Mauja, the king of my own home land, and I danced in my head. They became silent as if a movie had begun, soaking up and enjoying every piercing of flesh between teeth, blood oozing from either of our bodies. The Lord had told me to hit him. I could have nearly killed him with the abomination that projected from my cranium, and I came much too close for comfort at one point. The clip of skin that the snowy brute had taken from my front right knee still aches, reminding me constantly that I am not as strong as I believe.

The fight ended, blurring out of my brain as if it really was all a movie. Their voices picked up once more, picking apart each move and turn I made. The ocean air was plenty cold enough to send a humbly cold shock through a body of any thickness. My short mane tussled on my lithe neck, leaving behind nothing but a numbness. This feeling had taken over days ago when I had met the wolf. Days? Possibly weeks. How long had it been since I had been back into the cradling arms of the Aurora Basin? Too long. This weather was making it difficult to find my way back though. Alas, I had reached the ocean finally, reassuring myself that I was headed the wrong way.

Muscles screamed at me to move, to stay mobile and alive. A numbness settled in my heart, spreading through my whole body. It had made me tired, lonesome, and quiet for the time it had been spending with me. Maybe this was a new curse that some one had set on me. I could only hope for that to be the case. Finally each limb gave into the unbearable squeal of the voices picking at me, calling me every name they could conger up. My knees audibly creaked under my weight, crying at the bruises and cuts that dotted my young body. I'm not even three. Why is it that I put myself through this horror?

The sand gave under my cracked, ugly hooves. Traveling on this forgiving ground was much easier on sore joints than the tundra that had taken over the lot of Helovia. I could only imagine what the rest of the northern land looked like. The Basin drifted into my mind. Hopefully nothing was wrong at home. Nothing I would be needed for.
I would probably just be getting in the way in the first place. I was not there for any real reason. I had been invited just to add a number, and nothing more. My only use would be for battle as I grew. Blood staining the rest of my gray and black hide was something that I would look forward to with crazed eyes at one point in my life. Another image of Mauja's ivory fangs clamping down on my body ignited in my brain.

Eventually I found myself ankle deep in the angry water. It lapped at my limbs like hungry flames, grabbing at all four hooves and slowly dragging me into the sand. I stood silently, watching the water crawl up my body slowly as the tide came in at an unnoticeable rate. Maybe this would be the end. Just stand here and wait for the freezing ocean to take me alive. Would I let it? It was much colder than the lazy, steaming pool of spring water at home. Here everything was cold. The sand even had a certain coolness to it that was unforgiving.

walking "talking" voices
[Image: f2vjpl.png]

EVERYTHING YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY FROM
IS IN YOUR HEAD
[Image: 5389e9aca8b63]
Please tag him in every post!

Messages In This Thread
Sit With Me On My Death Bed - by Voodoo - 06-17-2013, 09:58 PM
RE: Sit With Me On My Death Bed - by Sikeax - 06-17-2013, 11:42 PM
RE: Sit With Me On My Death Bed - by Voodoo - 06-18-2013, 03:20 PM
RE: Sit With Me On My Death Bed - by Sikeax - 06-18-2013, 06:39 PM
RE: Sit With Me On My Death Bed - by Voodoo - 06-21-2013, 03:16 PM