the Rift

[OPEN] Sit With Me On My Death Bed

Sikeax Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I have yet to be restricted from visiting the sea. Mom has made no compliants about me wanting to visit this place, and after a long journey(my legs are still wobbly, and running is a tiring thing), I've made it! Yay, yay for me! Though now might not be the best time to arrive at such a place, as the night is spreading in and the company of fellow Assassins seems so welcome. Maybe listening to Mom sometimes is a good thing, maybe the ones outside home aren't the friendliest. I mean, the other foal I met was pretty nice to meet. Yet, wasn't the white mare that came out of nowhere with a dragon somewhat unfriendly? Somehow I've come to misjudgement, and my mind is getting mature enough fast to notice this.
Cold is not so bad, and seeing the glow on my horn rise higher each day makes me notice that I'm growing! Soon I won't be so short anymore and people won't be looking down upon me. I'll have the advantage and will look down upon them. Then we'll see who's so short. There is a little thought in my maturing mind that tells me I'm going to be tall. Maybe even as beautiful as Mom. I'll make sure not have a bite in my words like her, because being nice will get me some good friends in the future at some point.
Have I yet to mention its so pretty out here? It truly is, and the colours in the sky will absolutely take your breath away. A watercolour painting of orange, red, purple, blue, and yellow. The water reflects it back beautifully with the exception of all of the chunks of ice floating about. I wonder if I was to jump onto one big enough for me to be on, that I could float away into the sea like it was my boat, and discover a new land? Wouldn't that just be amazing? That would be the best adventure, but leaving home and my family would be too heartbreaking to me. I love them too much. For right now, seeing this land is interesting enough for me.
Today, the sea is a different thing. Away from the snow, the ice, the freezing nip the world was taken right as I was born, this might be paradise. Sand is annoying, for it sticks to your body when you get wet. To tell the truth, I want to go swimming. I want to run into the water, splash about, and know right as I'm running into it, giggling, laughing, not being on wobbly legs that make me fall, that Dad is right there behind me. I want to see more of him, where it isn't so much of just Mom and more of Mom and Dad together. Doesn't he love me enough to stay around to see me a lot? Mom is fine, she loves me and cares about me, but why isn't Dad around so much? I hate that lonely gap inside of me that reminds me my only family I know of that is biological is just Mom.
I might be too depressed over the issue my dad isn't around. Right now, I just want to see who I can meet, who I can play with that will be kind and won't try to kill me. There, up ahead in the distance like a beacon in the dusk light, is another horse. Oh, yay! Inside, I can feel some happiness, and on my face is a sweeping smile. The thought of if they can see me comes to my mind. Yeah, I'm short, and I'm really not happy about being short. Everyone says give it some time, and I'll be big and beautiful. I don't know what's so beautiful about me. When I was born, my first sight was my Mom. And since then I wonder why I don't look so much like her. I was born looking like Dad. My coat is a light cream colour, and my mane is short, starting to grow out(and it's curly too!) from the light chocolate colour of choppy, short patches. Okay, it isn't just patches, but it's short. I don't like that. My eyes are like Mom's, a pale blue, but they've got grey flecks inside of them. If you ask me, that looks weird, but I still like it! Though what makes me feel a bit special, is my horn.
Oh, it's beautiful! I'm not obbsessed with it. Nah, I just think it's pretty. It's straight like Dad's, and blue like my eyes. It even glows to match my eyes. Really, I'm telling the truth. It makes me feel special because I haven't seen anyone with a glowing horn yet.
Mom hasn't told me where her horn is. So I think it's going to fall off. Dad's hasn't, and a few others in the Assassins have been very good at keeping theirs on their head, so Mom must of messed up somewhere along to the line to make her's fall out like that. Or maybe she was just walking along and it fell off just like "Woops, I don't like it here anymore."
The horse ahead of me looks strange, even acts strange. Seeing them makes me wander if it's worth it go right up to them and just be all like 'Hi! I'm Sikeax.'. No one is yet to tell me that I might get killed that way. So screw child innocence. Its just around to make me look adorable and not you, where you might as well look like a murderer killing someone right then. Because I'm adorable because I'm little, and you're not because you're big.
It's time to go meet them.
My little legs are working well today because I can run pretty well today. They don't seem too frightening. If you ask me, they look pretty interesting. Up close, they're pretty big. Having to look up at them was pretty annoying, and made me a bit angry at my height. Maybe.....if.....I just.....JUMP....a little..... Eh.... OFH.
I jumped up to try to make some attention towards me. They're not that old, maybe still young like me. But they're still so tall and I'm so short! What if I just stand on my hind legs like so I can look better than being so short here. I might get lucky and they wouldn't laugh at me because when you're standing on your hind legs you look like a dog begging for a treat that is just too out of reach. Well, surely not working and I'm making a fool of myself already. So screw that, those ideas are going out of the picture because they make me a fool of myself.
Now seems like the best time to say hello because I already look like an idiot and what more can I do to make myself look more idiotic?
"Uh, hi. I'm Sikeax."
There's a failure for you right there. So maybe I don't have the best social skills just yet. Got to work on social skills. Got to work on social skills. Got to work on..... Wait, what am I thinking about now? Oops..... I lost a perfectly good train of thought. Another thing to work on. I need to learn how to write and then write stuff down and remember them. Then maybe my forgetfulness would work better. And even there I doubt it would.
Standing about the sand, I could hear the ocean too well. Homesickness is kind of a thing that makes you want to be somewhere when it's just too far away. A wave comes in and touches my hooves, and then the lowest part of my legs. And, oh, it's cold! It gave me a good jump, and I probably looked stupid again. I gave them a smile, hoping to see them smile because I did. It's at this moment did I see that maybe my carefree attitute isn't going to get me at a good place. My smile quickly fades, and it passes me as of how I can try to make them feel a bit better. Sympathy has never really been my thing, mainly because I don't know how it works. There isn't anything stopping me, is there?
"Are you okay?"
My voice is soft, quiet. Innocence is not a thing I should have at the moment because this person looks like they need a friend. A frown is on my face instead of a smile. What have I done? This surely isn't my doings, is it? Is my prescence so bad that it makes others feels bad? Again, what have I done? Must I be so bad? It might just be rude to ask if what I had done, and Mom would frown up it if it spread that far north. Maybe right here I could just sit back and attempt be polite like I should be, and try out sympathy. Or is that a bad idea? Whatever, I'm just going to do what seems best at the moment, and right now sympathy could be an interesting thing. Whatever sympathy might be.

If you could hear me then, can you hear me now?

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
Sit With Me On My Death Bed - by Voodoo - 06-17-2013, 09:58 PM
RE: Sit With Me On My Death Bed - by Sikeax - 06-17-2013, 11:42 PM
RE: Sit With Me On My Death Bed - by Voodoo - 06-18-2013, 03:20 PM
RE: Sit With Me On My Death Bed - by Sikeax - 06-18-2013, 06:39 PM
RE: Sit With Me On My Death Bed - by Voodoo - 06-21-2013, 03:16 PM