the Rift

[OPEN] Sit With Me On My Death Bed

Sikeax Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

He was so far out there..... Would I ever be able to regain enough courage to walk out there into the cold water and talk to him for a few minutes. The water can't be that cold. One step was given towards going out to him before I gave up. Too cold, too cold. To him, I might be an annoying little foal that just came along. But I want to see if he'll talk to me. I then heard his answer to my question.
It didn't hurt me. It just hurt to the truth. The pain wasn't like a stab wound, one where you feel every single particle of pain burst through your nerves. This pain was like being punched in the throat. That lump forming up and just getting stuck in there. I couldn't find my words. They just weren't there for some reason. No tear was in either of my eyes, no sob in my mouth. I'm not the type to break down and cry so easily like others would be at my age. I can be strong, and that's what I must do.
Courage finally came and I found myself going straight into the Lion's Den. Legs still unsure, I leaped into the ocean, upon landing making sure that my hooves could touch the bottom. I'm not sure if I can swim just yet, but I don't think anyone wants to go and just find me drowning, watch me drown, and then have to tell Mom that I drown while trying to run up to a colt just standing there in the water because he told me that he wasn't doing so well.
I had touched bottom when I jumped in, and instead of just running or walking through the water to get to him, I just kept jumping. The water was too cold, it shot ice through my veins and I knew later on I'd be sick. But... but..... he wasn't alright, was he? I clearly heard him say he wasn't, and I just want to know if there is a way I could maybe help without killing myself in the process. Before long, the water got too deep for me to go on.
It was touching my chest, and he wasn't too far from me. Whenever I moved a hoof forward, the sand underneath me slid outwards, and I knew exactly what I was standing on. The most dreadful thing in exist. Sandbar. What if I just jump? What if I was to gather every bit of my strength and launch my small, frail body out there beside him? Would instinct be strong enough to tell me what to do to swim? You must have faith, even when you have doubt in yourself.
One....
Two....
I can't do this. What if I jump off this thing and land where there isn't a bottom? Most importantly, what if I do that, and instinct fails and I drown? I've got to take a risk.
Big breath....
Happy thoughts.
Well, here it is.
THREE.
Ohfff.
I think I can feel something underneath me. Yes, there is something underneath me! I made it, and the water has only dropped five degrees colder. I'm willing to die just for someone I don't know. What would Mom say? I don't really care, I was here to see if I was able to help this horse.
Up close like this, I have a better idea of what he looks like. He is a grayish colour with red on his body in places. His eyes match the extra colour on his body. He even has a horn, like myself. In his prescence, I can still feel different. He towers over me, and I find myself even shorter than ever. Can I just ignore everyone's height for just a short time and got about with my main idea? Sometimes I really doubt that. Though at moments, like these, I need to act as grown-up as I can, even my youngest of ages.
"Is there a way I can help you then?"
I want to help him. Whether he wants me to or not, I'm going to do it.

If you could hear me then, can you hear me now?

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
Sit With Me On My Death Bed - by Voodoo - 06-17-2013, 09:58 PM
RE: Sit With Me On My Death Bed - by Sikeax - 06-17-2013, 11:42 PM
RE: Sit With Me On My Death Bed - by Voodoo - 06-18-2013, 03:20 PM
RE: Sit With Me On My Death Bed - by Sikeax - 06-18-2013, 06:39 PM
RE: Sit With Me On My Death Bed - by Voodoo - 06-21-2013, 03:16 PM