the Rift

[OPEN] Old Hands [Paladin]

Hellena Posts: 64
World's Edge Seer
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 26 Buff: NOVICE
Whit
Hellena
There was some amusement found within me as I gauged the reactions of my brethren on my arrival. I had noticed that some were more willing to simply accept my presence in these lands as a given - I was a part of them, and they me, there would be a cold breeze running through the Sun God's fiery mane before I was parted from them, at least in rank. I knew very little, in retrospect, of my fellows - honestly, I had not taken an interest in them, for they were not of these lands like me - though I did now see the unending lessons that I could potentially learn from them. My years were greater than theirs combined, but where I had spent my life devoted to the Moon Goddess - a life I certainly did not regret - they had spent their lives travelling, at the very least, from their homelands to here - perhaps further. I did not know, I had no way of knowing, unless I asked them to give the information directly from their own lips.

I nodded as the Wild Rose introduced me, looking at her properly for the first time, without the distractions of a herd gathering, or having her attentions taken away by a healer's duty. The scars that littered her hide told a story of their own - she may be a healer, but she was also a fighter, a survivor - stubborn and determined (much like myself). It was with a small smile that I noted the dragon in the air above us had not raised an alarm to my approach, though I could hardly know the reason for certain, I could wager a guess that it was simply because he understood - I simply was. "There is life to be lived away from one's studies." I replied to the healer with equally warm tones, my smile courteous and honest, my horn tilting as I broadened the curvature of my nape in a nod.

"Although, it would be nice to know more about my herdmates." Here my violet gaze shifted, seeking out the crimson pools of the stallion of my own species, smiling warmly under his observation - ignorant to the thoughts of attraction that might exist. I had thought of taking a mate only a few times in my past, and all of them would only ever be my own horned species - my bloodline was precious, ancient, and I doubt anything but a fellow unicorn could sustain it to produce a live foal - but that I could be looking at such a specimen did not even cross my mind. It wasn't Spring, after all, but the middle of FrostFall. Perhaps in time I would think differently, though I could not be sure just how differently. "Though before I begin my inquisition," I say with a wry grin upon my lips, amusement behind my eyes, as I turn between the two sets of eyes before me. "If there anything you would like to know about the Edge?"

It was a genuine offer - I knew all there was to know about the Edge, being born from the very mists themselves - and not one I made lightly to all who resided here. But the Wild Rose and the Valiant had earned their reputations amongst the land, reputations that I had observed from my mist homes to be well earned indeed, and so I could grant them this exchange of knowledge with a genuine heart.
in rumor we find truth and in life we find lies, death offers only a temporary respite.
credits

Messages In This Thread
Old Hands [Paladin] - by Smoke - 06-17-2013, 11:56 PM
RE: Old Hands [Paladin] - by Paladin - 06-21-2013, 01:08 PM
RE: Old Hands [Paladin] - by Smoke - 06-22-2013, 12:31 AM
RE: Old Hands [Paladin] - by Hellena - 06-23-2013, 06:48 AM
RE: Old Hands [Paladin] - by Paladin - 06-25-2013, 01:23 PM
RE: Old Hands [Paladin] - by Smoke - 07-03-2013, 02:23 PM
RE: Old Hands [Paladin] - by Hellena - 07-11-2013, 06:17 AM