the Rift

Humming Hallelujah in the Dark. [open]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
“Of what use would I be in your home?”
I smiled, her question wasn’t uncommon for those entering our ranks and easily answered by one who had judged characters many times before, “That depends,” I murmured gently, “on your talents and desires.” Those with fighting abilities where put to use in warrior ranks, patrolling, frontlines, sparing, mentoring. Others choose healing arts, mending our wounded and caring for the weak, “What are your gifts Lady Yuri?” So that she didn’t feel like there was pressure in choosing a rank I tactfully added, “Also know that you can live out your days in Dragon’s Throat as her citizen; you don’t have to choose a job right away—in fact many don’t.”

Kri still thought it was silly, our mass not having a job to pursue. But then again our world revolved around work, a balance of duty and play. We were cut from a different cloth then others, and didn’t usually regret the fact that there was seldom time for leisure activities. Lately though, I had been regretting time spent away more and more-- that I couldn’t hardly even find time to spend with my own sons and newly born daughter. Standing here in the snow my thoughts are suddenly drawn away from this moment and into their own little recesses for a few spare seconds. They are drawn to Ktulu—and I wondered how she was doing with Frostfall fully upon us. Was our little gold cherub doing alright in this cold?
Image Credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Humming Hallelujah in the Dark. [open] - by Yuri - 06-18-2013, 11:30 AM
RE: Humming Hallelujah in the Dark. [open] - by Yuri - 06-19-2013, 06:00 AM
RE: Humming Hallelujah in the Dark. [open] - by Yuri - 06-21-2013, 12:45 PM
RE: Humming Hallelujah in the Dark. [open] - by Yuri - 06-30-2013, 08:03 PM
RE: Humming Hallelujah in the Dark. [open] - by Midas - 07-03-2013, 11:41 AM