the Rift

[PRIVATE] Take Your Time, Don't Live Too Fast [Amara]

Sikeax Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

At some point, I'm probably going to have a search party sent out to find me. Nighttime is here, and it's not so cold here as it is back home. Home is too far to go to tonight, so I guess I'll just stay here for the current time. There really isn't a problem with that, is there? I like here, and I'll be sure to come back a lot more often. You're not getting rid of me that easy.
Having slept mainly in the North, I never got the chance to see what the night is like outside the North. Being just so used to seeing the aray of colours in the sky that is the Northern Lights every night, not seeing them is weird enough. My pale blue eyes kept staring upwards at the sky, wondering when they'd come out. The grey flecks inside them seemed to roll about as I searched. Aren't they up there? I don't think they'd just disappear like that. This place is weird. Really, it is.
I could list off the reasons this place is so weird to me. One, there's no lights in the sky like there is at home. The sky's broken down here, thats for sure. Two, there isn't really a lot of snow. Yeah, it's cold, and wet, but there isn't any snow. Just wet sand. Three, I haven't really seen that many others around here. I mean, I met that other horse down here, but nobody else. This place might not be worth exploring at the moment.
From my standing point in the sand, head pointed upwards to the sky with my horn to scrape it, I must look like I'm confused and wondering what those things up in the sky are. I know full well what they are, and no adult needs to come over and give me the 'Those are stars, and that big, white thing is the Moon' lecture. Screw that, I'm not stupid, not like when I was when I born. Some things from birth still kind of linger about in my young mind. Like why my mom doesn't have a horn and how it fell off, how my horn is going to fall off, and why it glows. My horn really does glow, it matches my eyes with a pale blue colour. It's short right now, but I can sort of tell it's growing.
When you look at me when you're not looking at my horn, I look Dad more than I do Mom. Mom is pretty, like really pretty. When I grow up, I really want to be as pretty as her. Dad is something to look at, and I just want to get to know him more. I've only gotten to see him once, and don't know much about him. Mom literally refuses to talk about him. I was born looking mostly like him. Amber champagne, a faded creamish colour for my body, and a light chocolate colour for my mane and tail. And might I say, it's growing in curly! My tail is short of strange, I've gotten bored before and tried to chase it like I've seen a dog do before, and while chasing it, really noticed the blue circular marking on my booty. It kind of gets into my tail and makes so interesting. Where it blends into my tail, the base hairs of my tail turn a dark blue. Ooo...... I just love how it looks.
My attention finally went away from the sky because I can get the hint that the Lights aren't going to appear. I wish they would really, it'd be a welcoming feeling of home. How cold is the water? Swimming is sort of a thing for myself, but I've only done it with snow, and might I say, that's a welcoming experience. Just thrashing about in a sea of my own is interesting, but what's it like to do it in water. I simply must know.
Legs still pretty wobbly and unnatural because walking isn't much of my thing, I ran into the water before noticing my mistake. It's cold!! Now, I'm not really used to screaming, but I screamed pretty loud when I jumped into the freezing water. Not the best idea! Not the best idea! Lets not do that again!
Everything feels like 'grr....'. Freezing, wet, and annoyed makes me into a force to reckon with, but I think if you're polite enough I can ignore the fact that I'm a grump and I could sit around and just 'chill'. "Rrrrrrrr....." That sound wasn't the best one, but it really summarizes how I feel. Swimming in water? Thats never going to happen again. I'll stick to the snow where things are a bit more interesting.
Dragging myself out of the water was pretty easy. I just walked out and grumbled complaints about the cold. I really need to think more on what I'm doing before I do it. I'm bound to get more results like this in the future if I keep it up. A cold wind came to try to dry me off, but sort of made it worse. Shivering, I groaned and walked on my wobbly legs to a place in the sand that wasn't so wet. I'll probably regret it later on because the sand will be a bitch and stick to me and then drive me nuts, but I got to work on thought before action before I do some stuff.

If you could hear me then, can you hear me now?

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
Take Your Time, Don't Live Too Fast [Amara] - by Sikeax - 06-18-2013, 12:00 PM
RE: Take Your Time, Don't Live Too Fast [Amara] - by Sikeax - 06-18-2013, 03:50 PM
RE: Take Your Time, Don't Live Too Fast [Amara] - by Sikeax - 06-18-2013, 10:36 PM