the Rift

[PRIVATE] Take Your Time, Don't Live Too Fast [Amara]

Sikeax Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

So her name is Amara. It's beautiful like she is, and I love it. For someone kind like her, it fits her perfectly. We made brief eye contact, and when she gave me a smile, I was quick to return it. When we get inside the cave, she tells me her unborn companion's name is Sameira. Again, a beautiful name. I'm sort of curious as of what Sameira will be born as, and how interesting they'll be to meet. Mom told me she had a companion once, who sadly died. I've decided on having a companion, but haven't really got the chance to look for once. Mainly because I don't really have the time to mess around with the Gods.
At the offer of her joining me under the blanket's coziness, she nodds and quickly joins me. My attention is set to how careful she is as she lowers her unborn companion to the earth and uses her wing to protect it. Later on, if I ever get an egg, I'll be sure to be as careful with the where abouts of my egg as she is with her's. Soon she begins with the story of how she discovered her companion, and I find it with a feeling happiness and a ping of saddness. Who would want to leave their unborn companion lying about in near the Heart? I've never been there yet, but already I know I wouldn't like it. I don't think I'll ever be so fond of the heat. Her story makes me smile with the tale, and she asks me about about a story I have to give her. Easily I could tell her a story that Mom has told me. And already know the perfect one. I'll tell her about my grandparents, my mom's mom's parents and their beautiful love story. I snuggled up beside her a little bit closer to keep each other warm as my underbelly and legs where staring to dry finally.
"Well, I've got a story about my family. Mom wasn't born here, neither was her parents. But she was always telling me about her family and the family I had back where she came from. The best one I've ever heard was about her mom's parents love story. I think it's the most beautiful thing ever."
I check with her to make sure she is ready to hear this. It's all real, oh yes it is. Every time I was to ever hear it, it amazed me. It's a love story even Angels die to have.
"My grandmother's parents were named Skyros and Adella. Skyros was a valliant soldier who fought many battles as a brainwashed man. As a child, he was left to raise my grandmother's aunt, whose name was Zayira. Zayira was a troubled soul, but she relied on Skyros for every thing. When Zayira was two years old, a band of soldiers from the frozen world north of them came down and kidnapped Skyros, and beat Zayira. Poor Zayira, she lay on the brink of death for two weeks before awakening with no sight of my great-grandfather for miles. Skyros was sent to the North, and under the spell of a monster, was brainwashed and became just another soldier in the legions of thousands like himself. In his brainwashed state, he almost killed his sister without even meaning to.
"Zayira became hateful, and soon met a stallion as hateful as herself. He brought her home with him, which was where Skyros lived. Soon, Skyros caught word of his sister living in the same home as him, and went to rescue her. When he did, he found his sister pregnant to the stallion. Anger took him over, and he left everything so that his niece or nephew wouldnt' be born in such a hateful place. After a journey through the mountains, he found himself in the land where my Mom was born.
"Adella was an Angel, a literal Angel, who lived in Heaven. Her father's name was Angellus, and he was a proud white Pegasus like you who lived in the sky with his daughters, all winged like himself. Adella was his most loved daughter, and all he wanted was her undying happiness. But Adella never liked the sky, and wanted to be on the earth with others. From the sky, she saw Skyros and Zayira, the draft soldier standing close by with his little sister aiding her birth with protection.
"After the birth, Adella flew from the skies and went down to meet Skyros, Zayira, and my mother's cousin, whose name was Kytallah. Skyros, oh he was supposed to be so charming. Adella fell in love with him, and he fell for her as well. Angellus never liked the idea of his most loved daugther being in love with a normal equine that Skyros was, so took his daughter home in a fit of rage."

I stopped, only to take a breath. My eyes made contact with her's quickly to make sure she was still listening. It is a long story, but it was worth it. To me, I believe it is the most beautiful love story of all.
"Adella, she wanted to be with Skyros so badly she'd take death just to feel his grasp. On the surfrace, Skyros was left to pine over his lost love. So, in a night so much like this one, Skyros ran away from his home that was like the Edge. Adella, up in the sky, took a lover's leap. She fell from the sky, and crashed into the earth below, for if she flew, than Angellus would surely notice her. When she hit the earth, Skyros was standing there to welcome her. In the greatest act of true love, the pair announced their true love for each other. And Adella did the unthinkable.
"She drug deep into her wings, knowing that her wings weren't permanent, for the wings of an Angel are made stardust and clouds and will turn to ash when the longest feather is plucked. Hidden deep inside her feathered wings, was one black feather, the longest of all. And she plucked it.
"Suddenly, her wings became ash and fell to the earth, only quickly to be wisked away with the breeze. All that was left was a long, black feather. Adella, as to show that Skyros was her true love and was protected by an Angel for all of time, gave the feather for the black stallion to wear as a necklace. Later on, in a sadden turn of events, after my grandmother, her twin brother, and their little sister were born, Adella passed away without the protection of her wings. Angels only live for an extended period when they have their wings. Skyros feel into a drowning pit of insanity, and in a dramatic turn of events, fell to his death into the roaring ocean at the basic of the cliff at his home. Yet not before gifting his only feather to my mom's mom.
"My mom says the feather lays buried in the earth after her father was murdered and her mom's last foals were born. The colt was born looking exactly like my mom's dad, and was named in his honour. But my aunt, she was still born. So my grandmother buried the feather with her daughter to ensure the Angels would watch over her soul as she wandered to Heaven."

I caught my breath, and looked over to her. I know it sounds fake, but I have a feeling that it is true. That Angels will fall to the earth just to be with a battle scarred soldier and tear their wings away in the ultimate act of love. Someday, I want to have a beautiful love story like that. Just at the thought of finding a handsome stallion to love me made my heart flutter like it had butterfly wings. "Amara, wouldn't you love to have a love story just like that one? I mean, is it really a true thing that there is someone out there that is made perfect for both us? I bet they'll both the nicest of stallions with most handsome of looks."
A giggle escapes me because for once, I can still back with another filly, and just be a filly. There isn't Uncle Tonka around to tell me stories about his epic feits, Mom to tell me love stories and who are family are and their stories, and definitately not grown-ups just bugging me about being good. Amara and I are almost the same age, she is only just a little bit older than me. Knowing that there is another girl to hang around with me, well, that's just the greatest feeling ever.

OOC: Just so you know, the love story Sikeax tells is actually a real rp my bff and I played out! She's Jabberwocke on here if you want to bug her about. So don't think it's something she made up. It's true!

If you could hear me then, can you hear me now?

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
Take Your Time, Don't Live Too Fast [Amara] - by Sikeax - 06-18-2013, 12:00 PM
RE: Take Your Time, Don't Live Too Fast [Amara] - by Sikeax - 06-18-2013, 03:50 PM
RE: Take Your Time, Don't Live Too Fast [Amara] - by Sikeax - 06-18-2013, 10:36 PM