the Rift

[PRIVATE] Fairy Lights and Silver Nights

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit

"Hello Lakota...my name is Alleo, I'm your big brother. I love you, my heart."

"Lakota? What a strange name!"
"Excuse me? Who the fuck are you, and what gives you the right to judge my name?"
"I'm just saying, you seem like you'd have a really delicate name, you know? And I'm Ithrim. At your service, Princess Lakota."

"Hello Hana...my name is Lakota, I'm your big sister. I love you, my little flower. I promise, you won't end up like me."

"Worthless! You disgusting welp get out of my sight! You couldn't even be born the right color you little bitch! You're a demon, a curse, just like your grandmother!"

"You're beautiful, Lakota."
"Liars aren't becoming, Ithrim."
"Which is why you shouldn't listen to your family, darlin'."

"Leo...what does love feel like?"
"Oh dear. What have you gotten yourself into, my heart?"

"I love you, Lakota."
"I love you too, Ithrim."

"When did you know you loved me, Ithrim?"
"The moment I laid eyes on you. When did you?"
"When you first smiled at me."

"Aww, look at my little Lakota, all tuckered out. Sleep, darling."
"Stay with me?"
"Forever."

"I-I'm so sorry Ithrim...I'm so so sorry..."
"D-Don't be, Lakota. I would ne-never regret loving you."
"You fool! Even if it me-meant you would-!"
"Even if it meant I would die. I would love you a thousand lifetimes and never regret it."
"Don't say that, Ithrim, please. You're not going to...you're going to stay here, with me, okay? I love you, please, don't leave me..."
"Silly Lakota...I pr-promised...I would stay with you forever..."
"Ithrim, no, please, I love you!"
"Kota...I love you...don't let this be the last time you love...you have so much of it to give. I'll be waiting for you on the other side, darling. Don't come to me too early. Love, Lakota. For me."
"Okay, okay, I promise...I-I promise...Ithrim? Ithrim? No, no no no no no! Ithrim! ITHRIM!"

Choked scream echoed from a throat clogged with tears, mulberry eyes flying open and legs scrabbling at earth until she was throwing herself onto her hooves to stand. Ao was at her side in an instant, warm body pressed against her right foreleg, making soft sounds and surrounding her in love and concern through their bond. Breaths came sharply to the sapphire mistress, heaving in her terror and agony. Crown dropped in defeat until her lips brushed the frozen snow below, thin frame quaking weakly. "Haven't had that one in a while. I'm alright, Aodaun," she whispered to him, bitter and cynical. A few moments passed, merely sitting there with Ao at her side, until it had passed. It was no longer hurting the more time went on, and for that she was thankful. Shaking her mane free of the white frosting that had gathered upon her locks, the poisoner lifted her head as high as she could; eyes closed, face relaxed, breathing softened. The sky was obsidian and so dark it nearly hurt. She let it consume her, washing over her in its freezing glory until it bled every thought of her dead lover free like a spile draining the essence of a maple tree.

When she glanced down, Aodaun was gazing back up at her. An anchor in the storm that had swept her up in her sleep, when she was helpless and small. He had been by her side the entire time, it showed in the glow of a surprisingly cloudless night in his violet eyes. A nearly-full moon shone overhead, illuminating the snow that would never melt upon her spine long after Frostfall faded into Birdsong. It danced in silver slivers in her prince's eyes, and likely in her own as well. For long minutes they were simply there, staring at each other, lost in a world that belonged only to the two of them. Finally the woman let a tired smile curl her lips, eyes fluttering to a close like the wings of a butterfly upon landing in a place it felt safe. Dipping her head down to brush her muzzle against the warm fur of her beloved. Ao gave a soft growl, one that many would mistake for threatening, but Lakota knew it was sweet and loving. Once they broke away, she nudge him sharply and- taken by surprise- he was flipped onto his side in the knee-high snow. The look on his sweet face was just too funny, the sapphire vixen couldn't help but laugh softly into the silent night around them.

Before he could right himself, the exiled princess lifted her endless delicate legs and cleared the tall snow in long bounds, quite similar to a deer in how easily she navigated the frustratingly tall snow drifts. Laughter trailed behind her like fairy lights, a glowing lantern trail that her beloved prince could follow, tempting him deeper into the velvet reaches of the night. As if she had stolen his heart away like a vampiric seductress, he chased after her heels persistently, both of them able to fly over the snow easily. He had been born in this environment, and she had the fluidity of animals that did not belong to her species. Together, they raced with only the slightest of sounds through their midnight surroundings. Swish of the snow as they kick it up in their play, soft tinkling laughter from the navy and ebony doll, little growls and huffs from her marble companion, and the pants of their breath as it ghosted in films of ivory in the air around them. The ground was slick beneath their limbs, the earth iced over only to be covered with thick blankets of snow, and it made running rather dangerous. Neither could find it in themselves to care.

Game of tag continued on, switching from one to the other as they brushed and bumped each other. Fireflies had slowly started blinking to life, lighting up the sky in topaz and mint, dancing within the stilled confines of the blinking porcelain pinpricks dotting the night sky. How they could possibly appear with the weather so cold was beyond Lakota, but the massive glow their large numbers created, and the twisting blinking trail they weaved, was more than enough to make her forget such silly inquiries. The two playful companions crested a tall hill, and the doe caught Aodaun's eyes with a wild grin, communicating through snippets of images without needing words. They found the top, and neither slowed. Together they leapt as one; a graceful arch of legs and spine, dark limbs tucked close to a birdlike chest and shoving her airborne simultaneously while her pale prince had already started to dive down towards earth once more, large coal padded paws outstretched to catch himself once more. Crashing down, his mistress slid her hindquarters towards the earth's core, and as he followed her movements they went sliding quickly down the slope in a spray of ice and snow. At the bottom they went off kilter and, one laughing and the other yipping, they went sprawling. Rolling over and over until her momentum was exhausted.

Ao crawled dizzily over to her, lying flat up against her, belly to the snow as he shared his inherent warmth. Lakota remained on her side, half tilted upon her spine. Long inky locks spread over the bloodless snow, tainting it as she lay prone beneath the dancing fireflies and the swollen moon. And in that moment, she began to laugh. Laugh until her lungs hurt, bells and chimes in her girly curse, as she reveled in the immense joy she felt.

Ithrim may not be with her physically, but he guarded her from the spirit realm, and he lived forever within her heart. A memory could not hurt her. She would try her hardest to open her heart once more, though it twinged to remember how badly it was broken beneath the ice and glass she'd encased it in.

Would it even be worth breaking her self-preserving precautionary measures? The pain lurking beneath made her feel sick to even recall.

You have so much of it to give.

Laughter softened into something sorrowful and sweet. She turned her eyes to the orange clay beads woven into her mane with a sad smile, giggling gently as if sharing a private, cynical joke with herself.

"But who is willing to accept it, Ithrim?"

---
Tag: @[Ktulu]
Notes: So sorry this took so long, noodle! Hope it's okay!

Messages In This Thread
Fairy Lights and Silver Nights - by Lakota - 06-19-2013, 06:19 AM
RE: Fairy Lights and Silver Nights - by Ktulu - 06-19-2013, 11:04 PM
RE: Fairy Lights and Silver Nights - by Lakota - 06-22-2013, 11:26 AM
RE: Fairy Lights and Silver Nights - by Lakota - 07-07-2013, 09:16 PM
RE: Fairy Lights and Silver Nights - by Ktulu - 07-07-2013, 10:50 PM
RE: Fairy Lights and Silver Nights - by Lakota - 07-07-2013, 11:56 PM
RE: Fairy Lights and Silver Nights - by Ktulu - 07-27-2013, 12:08 AM
RE: Fairy Lights and Silver Nights - by Lakota - 07-28-2013, 02:20 PM
RE: Fairy Lights and Silver Nights - by Ktulu - 08-15-2013, 10:54 PM
RE: Fairy Lights and Silver Nights - by Lakota - 08-19-2013, 05:30 AM