the Rift

[PRIVATE] Fairy Lights and Silver Nights

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit
Lakota
                     Her smile makes you wonder where she's been

Warmth spreads like a lover's caress across her delicate cheekbones at the grin Ktulu flashes her, knowing it is directed at her owlish expression. But she can't help it, she grins back, delighted that she managed to amuse her Chieftess even if it was at her own expense. If it had her friend feeling a little lighter of heart and shoulder, she would become her own one-man circus. Ktulu was likely the only soul that share no blood relation to her whom she'd let see her in such a vulnerable state. Not only physically, but emotionally. Ao was a wonderful little prince, and an even better protector, but she didn't want him growing up cold like she had. She wanted him to know, without a doubt, that she loved him unconditionally and would die for him as he would for her. If it made her appear weak, as if she were unable to discipline a child, then she would let them judge her in that fashion. Somehow she knew Ktulu would never do that, if only because Eytan had played with her long locks on multiple occasions, never failing to bring a smile to her face. "No, you're quite alright. Though I may have to silence you about what you've seen," she joked softly, giving a playful wink. It hurt her heart at times, but she didn't want Ktulu to think things were different- even if they were.

Aodaun preened under Ktulu's attentions, though it was clear he was searching for Eytan to play with. Disappointed whine seeps out when he is not found, but the ball of snowy fur plunged through the flakes with ease to leap and twirl beneath their Chieftess' legs and belly, diving towards her tail with enthusiasm. He loved Ktulu as Lakota did, but in his childlike state had no inhibitions or fears, and often couldn't understand or sympathize with his princess. The soft, careful question Ktulu spoke while her crimson irises were upon her prince startled Lakota. Her own eyes flickered up to Ktulu's face, suddenly vulnerable. Realizing this, she glanced down at her hooves, dragging the tip of one through the snow idly, suddenly nervous and withdrawn at the confession upon her lips. "Yes, I'm afraid so. I admit I don't sleep often anymore because of it, it's been affecting me for years. Sleeping with someone usually eases it, but Hana is so independent and different now...Aodaun is all I have at night anymore, but it's not quite the same." Her stomach dropped as she realized that she'd given away far too much, wondering why Ktulu could get her to confess so much so easily.

Feeling the other mare's eyes upon her features once more, mulberry irises lifted somewhat nervously to meet her gaze. They were illuminated in soft tangerine glows, and Lakota couldn't help as her eyes were drawn astray by the pretty little creatures. Even so she managed a small, sincere smile towards her Chieftess as Ao played at her feet. "I'm glad. How is Ranjiri faring? Is Hototo enjoying his new role as big brother?" Hm. Was it strange that she knew so much about her Chieftess? She reasoned that no, it couldn't be, for both children were mildly famous for being offspring of a herd leader. "You and Ophelia both...already achieving what I've always wanted, and far before my own time! I'm afraid I'll be an old grandmother, watching over your children, without ever having one of my own." Mirth sparkled in her eyes, even if sincerity was hidden in each lyrics; sadness in each playful shine of her gazers. She'd longed for children for years...so young, her leaders. It made her feel old, unable to measure up to Ktulu or her twin. She was just a worn out, frail, broken skeleton with nothing but longing and anger in her heart and blood upon her muzzle.

But...she was also weak for her Chieftess. So when the invitation for a walk was extended, Lakota smiled shyly, hesitantly, and nodded her crown. "If we're both sleepless, I'd be unable to think of better company." Quickly she internally kicked herself. Do you want to just blurt it out, Kota? Watch your tongue! Thinning frame moved forward through the scratched-out snow where they'd romped, sticklike in comparison to her normal stature. She'd just blame it on the season, she idly mused. Muzzle extended slightly towards Ktulu's, allowing her the greeting if she desired it, but moving to her side nonetheless. Allowing her to take the lead, the Poisoner blinked plum eyes at her, cherishing the moments alone she had with Ktulu. Perhaps it would mend the chips in her heart later on when she was left lonely and unwanted once more. After all, Lakota could never measure up to a God or a General. She was just the lowly Earth Medic who followed Ktulu around like a shadow, extending wingless love and protection to every part of her family. Shadows and light should not mix, after all.

Credits

Messages In This Thread
Fairy Lights and Silver Nights - by Lakota - 06-19-2013, 06:19 AM
RE: Fairy Lights and Silver Nights - by Ktulu - 06-19-2013, 11:04 PM
RE: Fairy Lights and Silver Nights - by Lakota - 06-22-2013, 11:26 AM
RE: Fairy Lights and Silver Nights - by Lakota - 07-07-2013, 09:16 PM
RE: Fairy Lights and Silver Nights - by Ktulu - 07-07-2013, 10:50 PM
RE: Fairy Lights and Silver Nights - by Lakota - 07-07-2013, 11:56 PM
RE: Fairy Lights and Silver Nights - by Ktulu - 07-27-2013, 12:08 AM
RE: Fairy Lights and Silver Nights - by Lakota - 07-28-2013, 02:20 PM
RE: Fairy Lights and Silver Nights - by Ktulu - 08-15-2013, 10:54 PM
RE: Fairy Lights and Silver Nights - by Lakota - 08-19-2013, 05:30 AM