the Rift

[PRIVATE] Fairy Lights and Silver Nights

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit
Lakota
                     Her smile makes you wonder where she's been

Tension was thick between them, yet there was no trace of hostility or anger. Perhaps concerned anger, but nothing violent. Lakota knew through the firm press of her Chieftess’ lips that she was not pleased, both by her avoidance of the conversation and her own unhealthy punishment. She must look as if an epidemic had claimed her. Kota wouldn’t be surprised if the other herd members avoided her, even if she had nothing physically ill about her. It wasn’t as if they ever came to her to be healed anyways, so she was rarely if ever sought out. Having Ktulu stare at her so intently was unnerving, but she bore it quietly, ashamed. Her affliction hadn’t been pointed out to her until then, mostly because naturally she was already a skinny little shit, but having someone so close to her lay it out before her eyes really drove home just how stupid she was being.

There was simply nothing left to be said.

Of course conversation between the two was never stagnant for long unless they wished for companionable silence, and soon their words brightened into laughter and sarcastic comments once more. Lakota couldn’t help but crack a small grin at Ktulu, extending her neck to wrap her lips around the pale mane of her mistress, tugging gently as a foal might upon the locks of its mother. Playfully she dropped the tresses once more, amused by Ktulu’s abrasive answer. ”Why no, of course not, what would ever make you think that either of us were? We’re the sweetest mares in all of Helovia! How dare you lie, Ktulu,” she chided, tutting softly and shaking her head, trying her hardest to keep in character and not let the growing smile break her joke.

The lighter atmosphere was not to last, though. Lakota’s smile faded and she turned her crown to face the horizon once more as Midas was brought to the forefront of their conversation. Ktulu’s concern and love for him was admirable, and rather blatant. Her gaze was stuck in some other world, some other time. The distress she felt, however, was also conspicuous. Lakota stomped down upon her own thoughts, which whispered and hissed just below her conscious, ready to betray her at a moment’s notice. Lakota kept her silence, instead shifting her gaze to where Ao was still being amused by Ktulu’s shifting tail. His plum gaze turned to her briefly, little body wriggling as he realized she was looking at him, growling playfully before his attention was grabbed by Ktulu once more. Lakota self-consciously flicked her harks, knowing she needed to speak, respond, comment, anything really. ”There’s more to you than anger, Ktulu. Don’t punish yourself with your own thoughts. Sometimes we can’t help who we love, do not condemn him for partaking in such an emotion in regards to you. Don’t question his motives, just trust him, and any gap you feel can be bridged.” Quiet lyrics were firm, eyes shifting from Ktulu’s far-away look to the horizon as she spoke. At Ranjiri’s birth, Lakota had seen just how powerful Midas’ love for Ktulu was, and she didn’t want Ktulu’s self-doubt to keep her from something so pure and close to perfection.

As if awakening from a dream, Ktulu turned to look at her again, blinking in surprise at what she had to say. Surprise was not something Lakota saw often on her visage, but it was a welcome change nonetheless. Now now Ktulu, you know I can’t flirt with you anymore now that you’re taken,” she teased, fluttering her lashes and smiling provocatively. Giggling softly she stopped and tossed her crown, readjusting the wave of raven locks over her shoulder. ”Though I admit, it was rather fun when we ran into your awful cousin that day.”

Like a blanket the quiet fell over the two once more, neither appearing bothered by the lack of immediate conversation. Ao was more than pleased by Ktulu’s awareness of his presence, growling and lunging for her tail repeatedly only to land and tumble time and again. Lakota suspected that was the part he enjoyed the most. Her playful nudge was returned, and a warm velvet muzzle pressed to her neck. Kota tilted her head towards Ktulu to return the touch, pressing her muzzle gently to the spot just behind her jaw. ”It is not an honorable death, I agree. I know I have been stupid, Ktulu. Please forgive me. I promise I will fix this, you may even survey my eating habits from this day forth if it comforts you.” Lakota brushed her muzzle down the side of Ktulu’s caricature as she withdrew, tracing the slope of her muzzle as she pulled back until they were nose to nose. Mulberry eyes twinkled with a new light and she smiled shyly, bumping their noses gently before fully retreating. ”Thank you for caring, though.” Ktu’s fireflies were a comforting glow, a dancing trail of light that enticed the walking pair further into the wooded land. ”I think we’ve had enough serious talk, miss Chieftess,” Kota laughed, flicking her tail out to brush against Ktulu’s flank and quickening her pace to a jaunty little trot, playful. Twisting her body, she moved sideway, legs crossing over as she reached dark velvet lips towards Ktu’s closest ear, tugging gently with her lips like a pup to its mother. Letting go swiftly after the playful pulling, she twisted her front half back to the right and gave a few crow hops of excitement. So she was hyper, sue her. ”Come on, Ktu! You don’t have to be all dark and mysterious with me. Life is too serious to not have some fun and be stupid sometimes. Or are you afraid I’ll come onto you again?” she teased, referring to Ktulu’s earlier comment. Ao ran after her in delirious joy, Kota slowing to a leisurely trot, smiling over her shoulder to invite Ktulu to be silly foals for just a few hours.

Credits

Messages In This Thread
Fairy Lights and Silver Nights - by Lakota - 06-19-2013, 06:19 AM
RE: Fairy Lights and Silver Nights - by Ktulu - 06-19-2013, 11:04 PM
RE: Fairy Lights and Silver Nights - by Lakota - 06-22-2013, 11:26 AM
RE: Fairy Lights and Silver Nights - by Lakota - 07-07-2013, 09:16 PM
RE: Fairy Lights and Silver Nights - by Ktulu - 07-07-2013, 10:50 PM
RE: Fairy Lights and Silver Nights - by Lakota - 07-07-2013, 11:56 PM
RE: Fairy Lights and Silver Nights - by Ktulu - 07-27-2013, 12:08 AM
RE: Fairy Lights and Silver Nights - by Lakota - 07-28-2013, 02:20 PM
RE: Fairy Lights and Silver Nights - by Ktulu - 08-15-2013, 10:54 PM
RE: Fairy Lights and Silver Nights - by Lakota - 08-19-2013, 05:30 AM