the Rift

[OPEN] I hate when the darkness dies

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi

Mud turned to ice and in turn ice turned to drifts of cold white snow. The wind became harsher the further they travelled into the mountains, whipping folds of knotted black mane around his stern face. His mind was as blank as the landscape around them. It was always like this after a killing, the world seemed to stop, as if it was taking a long awaited breath before life returned to normality. The Nightshade gazed at the alabaster wastes through pools of detachment, unaware as to whether the mare he had found in the Threshold was following him. He did after all warn her that if she fell behind he was not going back to find her. All he wanted to do now was return home, back to his small damp and dark cave, let crimson lids fall over aloof eyes and begin life again tomorrow. He felt no remorse for killing the hornless, at the time he'd felt elation and justice, now he just felt the same wind carrying him onwards on the same slow moving path. The beating in his chest was dull, he felt like a dead man walking nowhere.

After all, it took the frenzy of death to make the crimson doctor feel alive. Right now it was silent and the earth was still, his tail hung limp between shuffling hind legs. d'Artagnan was very much like the Frostbeath Steppe; cold, harsh and boundless.

Eventually, he and his hell dog made it to the Aurora Basin. Picking their way through the narrow entryway that lead deep into unicorn territory, the tall backs of mountains sheltering them and protecting them from their enemies. He walked along a sheltered side, where the blizzards couldn't quite reach and the snow was not as thick before he gazed around, looking for others who might be lurking nearby. He didn't know if the news had reached here yet of his killing, maybe and maybe not, he was fairly certain someone had witnessed his killing of Solstice. An Edge horse at that. Perhaps he should be watching his back more carefully now, emotions were sure to be high and his head would be at the top of the most wanted list. Delightful.

Turning slowly, dual coloured eyes attempted to find the form of the monochrome mare. Checking she had indeed made it and waited to grab her attention before he would formally welcome her to the frozen land of her horned brethren.

@[Tangere]

Our past never really dies
I don't think we even try
There's no difference from
Where we wake or where we die

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Messages In This Thread
I hate when the darkness dies - by d'Artagnan - 06-19-2013, 08:50 AM
RE: I hate when the darkness dies - by Luneia - 06-23-2013, 09:05 AM
RE: I hate when the darkness dies - by d'Artagnan - 06-27-2013, 10:10 AM
RE: I hate when the darkness dies - by Luneia - 06-30-2013, 06:23 PM