Outcast atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: Nine | Tallsun HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Psilo

Chernobyl

My heart is aching and I’m down on the bend
My will is weak and I’m falling again
I get back up and try to make things right
If you just stay here tonight

The chill had grown unsettling as the everlasting night moved in to freeze not only her heart but her bones as well. It had been only a short time since she’d arrived in the Steppe, but to her it felt like an eternity. The starless night above was nothing short of hopeless which in turn made her feel just as empty deep down in the pit of her soul. She had come to Helovia seeking power and strife, but she had encountered neither. Instead she had only found the burdensome emotion of love; an emotion that her Mother had always warned her would never make her feel whole. But somehow it had… Somehow it had weeded its way into her heart like the roots of a tall oak, stemming itself there until she was left with nowhere else to turn. So, with nothing left to do but to face it, she was left feeling heady and lost in its endless womb of despair.

The mare began to shake as the cold became the only friend she had on that night and though it was a painful chill that made her joints ache and her teeth chatter, she welcomed it. She feared that it would be the only thing that accompanied her throughout the twilight until the vacant sun finally found its way to the throne. But of course, as all things had a way of disappointing, the vibrant rays of morning were never to come. If only the mare had known that when she first ventured from the Basin to indulge in her forbidden love affair… However, her mind was occupied with soft images of an ebony stallion that glowed emerald and teal in the night. How this cursed darkness would make him shine…

As she looked out over the plains to the Mountains hanging high in the distance, she began to think of her first night there in the Steppe when she had stumbled upon a childish beast speaking nonsense to an innocent weed. She had thought him insane, perhaps delusional, but she had forgiven him for his ignorance and instead found a friend in his boyish charm. The Steppe had been beautiful that day with the snow blanketing the grounds in a glistening sea of white. It had been much warmer then, perhaps in the midst of summer when she had ventured first to the lands outside the Basin. They had been a reprieve from the racism and the cruelty that was her intended family… Did she still consider them as much now? Or was her heart fading away with each day that passed without him by her side.

They had kept her from her destiny; knowingly or now, they had stripped her of happiness. But who could she blame other than herself? She had followed their regiment for too long, abided by heir rules when her heart was clearly content to break them. Even now as she stared out over the icy plains, she could not help but wonder what had kept her in their midst. What had convinced her of their superiority? In hindsight she had been the only one to blame for her own demise and love had been the culprit behind her queer fancies. But she certainly held no complaints- she was taken, stolen away by a stallion with wings much to her family’s chagrin. The humor would be laughable one day, even if it was not this one.

When his voice reached her, she could not contain the smile that softened her callous lips. Her throat had been parched and dry for some time now, but she murmured quietly in return. His touch was intoxicating and she found herself reveling in the drunkenness of his proximity. It felt more a dream than reality to her and when she finally lifted her gaze to his, she was entranced by his beauty once again. Each shifting feather upon his back glowed vibrantly against the dark night as though he were a beacon for lost eyes. Perhaps she was lost and now that he was here, she was found. Whatever the case, it didn’t stop the slightly mocking song that burst from her lips in response to his informal greeting. They were close enough, after all, to assume that introductions were no longer needed in order to satisfy their sense of belonging to one another. “Company would be greatly appreciated kind sir, though as it would appear, I am perfectly capable of taking care of myself.

The ghost of a smile touched her lips as her colorless eyes peered at him through the darkness. Surely she was nothing more than an apparition of the night at this point with no moonlight to reflect her ominous gaze. She was a wraith, a demon of the witching hour and yet Murdock had been the one to change that about her. How he had done so was still yet to be named, but she cared not how he had done it but rather that he had at all. Quietly, she moved closer so that they were shoulder to shoulder, heated flesh upon equally desirable skin. She wasn’t sure what was to come next but as the silence grew thicker and the gusts of wintry wind grew louder, she could contain herself no more. “I want to leave the Basin.” The words were steely and cold like the night and perhaps they sounded strange parting her lips, but she was unwavering.

She had contemplated such nonsense before but had never been quite brave enough to endure whatever scrutiny would follow. Slowly, she closed her black eyes to the world and lifted her muzzle to trace curious circles along Murdock’s neck. Chernobyl had been brave enough to admit her need to be with him, but she wasn’t sure if she’d have the courage enough to do it. It was one thing to defy the DarkEmpress and her followers secretly, but to do it openly made her heart drop into her stomach like a sack of rocks. Suddenly, everything was still around her with nothing but Murdock’s heaving sides to remind her that she was still alive.
image credits
table by whit

crushed and filled with all I found
underneath and inside, just to come around
more, give me more, give me more

pixel is by RELI<3

• Feel free to magic on her, but no murder.

Messages In This Thread
Echoes of Silence - by Chernobyl - 06-20-2013, 05:55 PM
RE: Echoes of Silence - by Murdock - 06-23-2013, 05:03 PM
RE: Echoes of Silence - by Chernobyl - 06-25-2013, 04:09 PM
RE: Echoes of Silence - by Murdock - 07-01-2013, 03:51 PM
RE: Echoes of Silence - by Chernobyl - 07-26-2013, 01:58 PM
RE: Echoes of Silence - by Murdock - 07-31-2013, 06:00 PM