the Rift

[OPEN] Echoes of Silence

Murdock Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 9 | def: 10.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 8 HP: 61.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Gaz

The sky was clear and quiet, the world seeming to have come to peace with itself now that she was at his side. In his loneliness his mind had been allowed to descend into chaos, but now that she was here, all he heard within his head was silence. It was incredibly peaceful, if not somewhat lonely, but he appreciated the change all the same. The darkness had left him frightened and damaged, with nothing to console his fragile heart or soothe his active mind. But she was here now. He could feel her warmth against his shoulder and see the hazy outline of her body in the shadows. And it was like a dream.

Though his liveliness had died out as though he was no longer the child that he had been upon their first meeting, it was not lost forever. His soul was restored in her presence, the pieces put back together so that, for a few hours, he might think clearly once more. He looked into the darkness that surrounded them, so thick he could hardly see a foot in front of his feet, and it excited him. When once it had frightened him, he now found it beautiful. The blackness was a canvas that his mind could paint on; he could pretend they were anywhere, that they were in some lost paradise that couldn’t be seen only because someone had turned the lights out.

He would travel to the ends of the earth to find her a place where she could feel at home. He had promised they would explore together, and so if the home she sought could not be found in Helovia, he would treat it as an opportunity to fulfill his promise, and perhaps find himself once more. It surprised him how deeply he cared for her, when at one time he had felt as though his heart cared for nothing but life and adventure. However, now she had become his life and he had no doubts that she would remain most dear to his heart for the rest of his years.

As his voice broke the lingering silence, she lifted her gaze to meet his. He hoped she could see just how much he cared, as if his face could relay his feelings to her better than any words could. In the depths of her eyes, he imagined he could see her soul. It had been broken at one time, shattered by those who professed to love her and she had desired power to patch the cracks that had been left behind. But he had found her, and in healing her had helped to heal himself. How could he not devote every second of his life to her happiness and safety after what she had given him?

And now, she wanted to come back to the Foothills with him. He had waited for this day, when they could finally be together. Nothing could stand between them now, so long as his family would accept her and she could find a place within their ranks. He would do all he could to make her feel accepted, to make her life so much better than it had been while in the Basin. He would give up his cave in the cliffs that he had grown to love if it meant spending every night on the ground with her. No matter what, he never wanted to leave her side again.

“I will stay by your side for the rest of my days. No matter what happens, I will never leave you. You have my word,” he smiled softly, touching his nose to the warmth of her neck. No matter the storms they had to weather, nothing could drag him away from her now. Months ago, he had lost everything, but she had found him. She was all he had now, and he wasn’t planning on ever letting that go. He wished there was a way to show the sincerity of his words, but all he could offer was promises. He hoped that would be enough for her to trust in.

“We can leave anytime you wish. If there are things you need to do, I can wait for you.” He didn’t know what loose ends she might have to tie up in the Basin before she left, or if she had anything she needed to attend to before leaving with him. Perhaps part of her would be sad to leave the wintry north, but he guessed that more than anything she was eager to leave it all behind. “It’s a long walk south, but I’ll be with you every step of the way,” he leaned into her shoulder softly, closing his eyes so that all he could feel was her presence. No matter what happened now, he knew he would always have her; and that was all he would ever need to know.

"talk talk talk"

If I go crazy then will you still call me Superman?

Image Credit
x

Messages In This Thread
Echoes of Silence - by Chernobyl - 06-20-2013, 05:55 PM
RE: Echoes of Silence - by Murdock - 06-23-2013, 05:03 PM
RE: Echoes of Silence - by Chernobyl - 06-25-2013, 04:09 PM
RE: Echoes of Silence - by Murdock - 07-01-2013, 03:51 PM
RE: Echoes of Silence - by Chernobyl - 07-26-2013, 01:58 PM
RE: Echoes of Silence - by Murdock - 07-31-2013, 06:00 PM