the Rift

[OPEN] in darkness, I stand alone

Amara Posts: 136
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sameira :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire dark

AMARA
We are the ocean, pushing and pulling others to us

It was a normal day. Or, it had been a normal day. But the sky was suddenly growing darker, and something was changing. The sun was vanishing, and I was positive it was only mid-day. I awoke from a nap just in time to watch the sky as clouds gathered and the sun just... vanished. The sky darkened and I was suddenly scared, barely able to see.

I adjusted Sameira's egg, it felt a little different, but I could barely see it against the dark. I was hiding in my little shelter, my eyes gazing at mommy. I stood up, whispering. ”M-m-mommy?” She was still there, but I.. I couldn't leave her. But I didn't want to stay here in the dark. I saw glowing trees illuminating worn paths as I looked around, and I gazed at them. What was happening? Why was the sun gone? Where did it go? Go to light, my love, a voice.. mommy's voice, whispered. I swallowed, my eyes watery. How? I glanced at the trees that illuminated paths. I suppose I could just walk those until I reached somewhere. I walked towards my mommy's bones and picked up the smallest of her ribs, weaving it in my mane(it stuck out a bit weirdly because it was so big, but oh well). Now she was always with me. It was placed right next to one of her feathers that I had gotten long ago. I bent down and gently kissed her cheek, a single tear falling onto her dried bone. ”Goodbye, mommy.” I looked at her before trotting into my cave. I threw my blanket over my back, making sure to double it over so it didn't drag. I made sure my doll and Sameira's egg were safely secured under my wings before I stepped out. I was young, but I knew well that I needed to find my way to a herd. I slowly walked forward. I looked down at mommy again, my eyes slowly beginning to overflow. Turning away, I set off.

The questions that stayed with me as I walked away, would things ever be the same? And would I ever see my mommy again?

”Talk talk talk.”

[[i had to squeeze this in before i go to bed. sorry if it's not very good. -shuffles away to sleep- and i hope i did the whole 'vanishing' sun thing okay.]]

Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
in darkness, I stand alone - by Amara - 06-21-2013, 01:42 AM
RE: in darkness, I stand alone - by Kahlua - 06-21-2013, 11:53 PM