the Rift

No Longer Earthbound

Tingal Posts: 110
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: 9 years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
dark
      Tingal
      sometimes being unique takes it's toll

I was here, a place I never expected to be again. I had already come here once before, but that was long ago (and unsuccessful). And I had also come here just in time to scare a child from that wretched beast, Mandrake. Course, me and Mandrake's constant glares and shouting and attacking scared the child, who ran away from the both of us. I inhaled as I strode through the familiar woods of the Threshold, the trees would not move for me if I urged them, only because it was Frostfall, a cold season. My coat was growing long and shaggy, which often annoyed me because trees would snag tufts of it when I waltzed by.

I had a smile on my face, my expression saying I was pleased. But inside, I was feeling... empty. I hadn't seen Hotaru in forever, and I was alone. Still. My leafy gaze was focused on my dark hooves which struck the ground with a 'thunk' with every step. The sunlight grazed over the snow frosted trees, making everything glitter and glow. I shivered as some snow plopped onto my back, my ears flicking back. Another reason I hated Frostfall. The snow was too cold, even with a thick coat like mine.

But things were changing.

Somewhere in the sky, the sun was beginning to fade. I glanced up, watching as the bright, beautiful blue sky faded into a darker color. I gasped, questioning what was happening. It should still be light out, for I had only waken up a little while ago(although it was a long catnap, so I could have overslept some). I flicked my ears back, my brain whirring, trying to process all that was happening.

Was this supposed to happen? Were the Gods aware of this? What were they doing to Helovia? I tried to drop the questions, but they still hung from me by one small thread. I shrugged them to the back of my head and urged myself onward. This is one of those times I'm thankful to be part cat. I could see fairly easily in the dark, but because I wasn't full cat, it was still possible for me to go tripping into things while in the dark. Like now for instance. I opened my mouth and let out a sharp growl of pain. I had stumbled into a thorn bush. Curse this world for having the stupid things. I think it'd be a better world without them. And it took some of my coat! How dare it!

I growled at the bush before shaking it off and heading on. Something moved up ahead, and it did exactly smell like horse. Perking my ears, I stretched my neck and inhaled. I opened my mouth to draw the scent in closer to me, my ears flickering to and fro. I walked forward cautiously, a snarl on my lips. I was nervous and scared deep down inside, so this was just my instincts. From my father's side. If my instincts from my mother's side had kicked in, I would've been fleeing away by now.

I growled again, baring my white chompers. I walked forward by another few steps, my eyes slowly drifting towards the figure again. This time I straightened out, realizing it was a horse... er... part of one. It had wings, but from what I could see, it had a very odd coloration. Like what animal... I reached for the answer slowly before gasping and smiling. Course, I said the answer aloud. "A peacock!" I grinned, thanking the Gods I wasn't the only strange hybrid here in Helovia. If horses could blush, I'd be a pretty lobster red. "Sorry.. just.. slipped out of my mouth." I glanced at the sky, then back at the mare. "Do you know why it's become so dark?" I didn't expect her to know, but it was worth a shot. I inhaled, a smile on my face, despite the fact that I was scared and nervous. "I'm Tingal, and you are? " My tone was friendly, inviting. I walked a few paces forward so I could see the mare a little more clearly, but I tripped on a tree root (I could have prevented that by asking the tree to walk away if it wasn't Frostfall). My front half was bent forward, my chest hovering above the ground while my legs were splayed open. My hind legs were straightened, putting me in an awkward position. I looked up, grinning. "I.. I uh... I meant to do that." I flicked my ears back and looked away slowly before drawing my eyes back to the fem. She had a pretty figure, and that was all I could really say. Although I did see hues of blue, red and green on her body. I could see her white markings fairly well, and her wings too. She looked a little... interesting. But pretty at the same time. Peacocks were definitely beautiful creatures. I smiled at her, my eyes floating to her face.

"Talk"

[[okay, getting back in the saddle with tingal so... i apologize for the strange and rambly post.]]

MoonsongStock | table by Tay

i am a king
and the world is beneath me

Messages In This Thread
No Longer Earthbound - by Bellona - 06-21-2013, 11:47 AM
RE: No Longer Earthbound - by Tingal - 06-21-2013, 12:50 PM
RE: No Longer Earthbound - by Bellona - 06-23-2013, 08:24 PM
RE: No Longer Earthbound - by Osiris - 06-26-2013, 10:36 PM
RE: No Longer Earthbound - by Bellona - 06-27-2013, 05:38 AM
RE: No Longer Earthbound - by Yseulte - 06-29-2013, 07:00 PM
RE: No Longer Earthbound - by Yseulte - 07-09-2013, 04:11 AM
RE: No Longer Earthbound - by Osiris - 06-29-2013, 10:02 PM