the Rift

Jumping the Gun [Questing #1][Aure]

Tares Posts: 74
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3 hh :: 38 months
Alex

I have not spoken to Aure since my encounter with the Earth God, and I become aware of the fact that my visit was quite... preemptive. Still, to know what I must do for the future is not such a bad thing. And I feel that what we have... no, I don't feel, I know that it is real. There is a certain strength to our love, a sense of elation I feel around her that I've never experienced before. That very same sense is what led me to the Earth God's shrine and brought me to my knees to pray.

But, in hindsight, perhaps I should have waited. Arbutus seems to watch my every move with caution now, remaining awake for longer hours as if to watch me and make sure I don't get into any more 'trouble'. I sense him judging me still for visiting the God without first speaking with my lover, but I feel I know her well enough to know he reaction already. But then again, she has always been a surprising mare- I begin to doubt myself, and a nervous tension builds within my frame that leads my tail to twitch restlessly.

I lay in wait for Aure to appear, knowing that she will find me here, a place of love and peace. Perhaps I shall wait some time, but I know that she will find me. I feel a sense of belonging when I am beside her, and a strange emptiness when I am forced to leave my side. Already the time I must spend in the Foothills alone seems a burden, but I face it with dignity and a steeled determination. All is worth the birth of this child, our child.

The night brings a soothing cold to the grove and I find myself bending down to touch the cool grass to my legs. Arbutus, still disappointed in me, flits about angrily from tree to tree. Perhaps his frustration stems too from the lack of attention he has received in the wake of our declaration of love. "Come, Arbutus," I call out coaxingly, my yellow eyes carrying a sweet expression as I attempt to lure him to my side. Still, he is but a child, and his stubborn tantrum takes more convincing. Wincing at the faint heat, I extend my wings to greet him, and reluctantly he flies down to my side, unable to resist the temptation of my flaming feathers. Between my wings he was saved- the simple touch of them brings a certain sensation of thankfulness into his heart.

Gently I lower my nose to brush his head and exhale. "You know I love you, Ar," I murmur soothingly as I nuzzle his crest. There is a soft coo emitted from the tiny phoenix's frame, and then a satisfied chirp as he settles down beneath my wings. The night seems just a little brighter with out flames combined. And so in silence we wait at the night's dawn, each of us with love in our hearts.

Messages In This Thread
Jumping the Gun [Questing #1][Aure] - by Tares - 07-25-2012, 10:38 PM
RE: Jumping the Gun [Questing #1][Aure] - by Aure - 07-25-2012, 11:33 PM
RE: Jumping the Gun [Questing #1][Aure] - by Aure - 07-26-2012, 09:38 PM
RE: Jumping the Gun [Questing #1][Aure] - by Aure - 07-31-2012, 09:09 PM
RE: Jumping the Gun [Questing #1][Aure] - by Aure - 08-01-2012, 11:46 AM
RE: Jumping the Gun [Questing #1][Aure] - by Aure - 08-02-2012, 10:08 AM