the Rift

Jumping the Gun [Questing #1][Aure]

Tares Posts: 74
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3 hh :: 38 months
Alex

Feeling the lull of exhaustion wash over me, I blindly follow Aure as she lifts herself and takes a few paces forward. I exhale with relief as the pain I had barely noticed is relieved and my body decompresses. My tail trails on the earth and my hooves almost drag as I force myself to her side- I had not realized just how tired I was until now. Arbutus flutters up to land on my withers, and I snort at the extra weight of the young phoenix. Still, I can't truly be mad at the sweet little creature. He curls up on my spine, his wings folding and flickering with a newly born flame, and I cannot help but smile as his warmth tickles across my back.

I catch up to my mate and let my nose rest across her withers gently. Each breath I take brushes across her and toys with her mane, while my own hangs in wild waves and strives to touch the ground. I pull my form close to hers until we rest beside each other, touching perfectly, our bodies a mold that fit perfectly. My ears flicker with contentment and my eyes flutter as sleep rushes over me. My wings rest at my sides, brushing the ground and my lady's legs, and I begin to feel my sense of time slip away. Arbutus whistles sweetly upon my back for the last time this day, and I know at once that he has fallen asleep. I nicker softly, letting my lips brush against my mate's back as one last comforting gesture before I fade away.

I think of her words as I fall into sleep and let them bring a soft smile to my face. Yes, Our love is endless she had spoken with confidence. I can think of no other words spoken in the world that could bring me greater happiness.

[[-fin-]]

Messages In This Thread
Jumping the Gun [Questing #1][Aure] - by Tares - 07-25-2012, 10:38 PM
RE: Jumping the Gun [Questing #1][Aure] - by Aure - 07-25-2012, 11:33 PM
RE: Jumping the Gun [Questing #1][Aure] - by Aure - 07-26-2012, 09:38 PM
RE: Jumping the Gun [Questing #1][Aure] - by Aure - 07-31-2012, 09:09 PM
RE: Jumping the Gun [Questing #1][Aure] - by Aure - 08-01-2012, 11:46 AM
RE: Jumping the Gun [Questing #1][Aure] - by Aure - 08-02-2012, 10:08 AM
RE: Jumping the Gun [Questing #1][Aure] - by Tares - 08-02-2012, 11:02 AM