the Rift

[OPEN] Shield of Faith [Ophelia, any]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia knew that she had to return to her herd, to make sure that Roskuld and Mesec were all right. Though her memories were flawless, the details of the land were obscured in darkness. She traveled quietly in a brisk trot, breath coming off in rhythmic puffs of white clouds. From lamp-tree to lamp-tree she moved north-east, Tinek flying low so that he would not lose sight of her in this blackness. A thick root from a tree caught under one of her hooves, and she stumbled forward, scraping her legs along the course bark as she righted herself. With a hissing breath of pain, she looked down and the surface, bloody gashes, knowing that they would heal well enough.

She arrived at the Foothills moments later, seeing a stranger, churning light in the pool by the waterfall, and she cantered toward it, able to see in the light it shed upon the nearby grassy hills. Mesec's shrill call urged her faster, able to recognize the tone of his voice easily. The pale mare picked up her pace, coming to a swift stop in the glowing light, her coat picking up the colors and reflecting them. Without thinking, she embraced the shadow child, wrapping her neck around his tightly and shoving her nose in his short, young mane.

"I am so glad you are safe," she murmured. "Where is your sister, Roskuld? Have you seen her?" she asked urgently before noticing that Apollo was nearby as well, asking Mesec questions of his own. Ophelia tenderly let the boy go and then looked between the two, her expression grave. "I come from the Thistle Meadow," she said quietly. "I watched the four gods disappear into a strange, glass hole in the center of the fields. A great storm seemed to follow them, and then the sun did not rise again..." She murmured.

Ophelia frowned. "I do not know if this is the end of the world, but the gods disappeared one by one for a few moments, as if they were finishing business of some sort..." the pale mare trailed, brows furrowed. "I cannot believe that the gods who made this world would abandon it so easily. The hole was a danger, and I think they are trying to make it right again. All we can do in these times is hope and be here for one another."

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Shield of Faith [Ophelia, any] - by Mesec - 06-21-2013, 04:25 PM
RE: Shield of Faith [Ophelia, any] - by Apollo - 06-21-2013, 07:16 PM
RE: Shield of Faith [Ophelia, any] - by Ophelia - 06-21-2013, 11:32 PM
RE: Shield of Faith [Ophelia, any] - by Hana - 06-23-2013, 01:47 AM
RE: Shield of Faith [Ophelia, any] - by Hana - 06-28-2013, 12:23 AM
RE: Shield of Faith [Ophelia, any] - by Panzram - 06-23-2013, 09:01 AM
RE: Shield of Faith [Ophelia, any] - by Mesec - 06-24-2013, 09:10 PM
RE: Shield of Faith [Ophelia, any] - by Apollo - 06-24-2013, 09:35 PM
RE: Shield of Faith [Ophelia, any] - by Ophelia - 06-25-2013, 01:56 AM
RE: Shield of Faith [Ophelia, any] - by Panzram - 06-28-2013, 06:28 PM