the Rift

[OPEN] Shield of Faith [Ophelia, any]

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

mesec</style>
      boy of the night fell from the stars</style>

The first to arrive was the Earth Medic himself. I knew very little of Apollo, but regarded him as a kind authoritative figure within the herd, who rightfully held my respect. He looked the epitome of panicked, and the stench of sweat was thick in the air. As the paint drew closer, the light caught his eyes and I saw just how utterly terrified the older stallion was. My own silvery gaze softened at the state he was in, and as he extended his muzzle to mine, I took a step closer and briefly pressed my nose against his. I hoped that it would bring some sort of comfort to the stallion, knowing that he wasn't alone in this unusual pitch darkness.

"I don't know what's going on," I spoke in answer to his question, exhaling gently and meeting the medic's amber eyes, "But the world is not ending; that much I can assure you." Or, at least, I hoped that was the case... Surely Mother would have told me if the world was truly coming to and end. That or we'd already be dead.

As I opened my mouth to speak again, another familiar figure caught my eye. I nearly danced where I stood, inexplicably happy to the see that my alabaster mother figure was safe. With her neck wrapped around mine, I did the same, pressing a cheek against her much broader neck. How I would have loved to simply stand there and soak in the love that she exuded, but there were more important matter to discuss at the moment. Like why Helovia had been plunged into complete darkness. Or where Roskuld was.

My eyes widened at Ophelia's question, and I lifted my head as she released her hold on me. Where was my belovedly ornery sister? Knowing her, she probably wasn't bothered by what was happening in the slightest, but then again... Roskuld was always full of surprises. "I don't know," I answered at last, my expression falling, "Maybe we should all go looking for her, and the rest of the herd, to make sure everyone's safe." Surely Ophelia wouldn't say 'no' to such an idea?

Then, Ophelia went on, explaining just what had happened to douse the sun from the land. My eyes grew wide as I listened, more so at the explanation of each God disappearing for a brief moment before stepping into another dimension. When she had finished speaking, I was quiet for the longest time, hardly noticing the arrival of two more before I gave a rough exhale. "... It isn't the end of the world," I assured the gradually growing group, "It can't be. My Mother, she... she visited me. She warned me that the world would be dark soon, and that..."

The beginning of my explanation was difficult, for I still had yet to figure out just what my Mother had entirely meant. Would they even believe me? I wasn't after power; right now, I was just a yearling trying to keep his family safe and do his Mother proud. "She told me that I must lead with my knowledge. I don't know what she means by that, but..." I trailed off then, prying my gaze from the ground and looking collectively to each that had gathered. Other than Apollo and Ophelia, I didn't know the other two standing before me, but the blue mare's words caught my attention.

"You can't?" I asked, bewildered and perplexed, "But... I am still able to use mine."

Credits
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
Shield of Faith [Ophelia, any] - by Mesec - 06-21-2013, 04:25 PM
RE: Shield of Faith [Ophelia, any] - by Apollo - 06-21-2013, 07:16 PM
RE: Shield of Faith [Ophelia, any] - by Ophelia - 06-21-2013, 11:32 PM
RE: Shield of Faith [Ophelia, any] - by Hana - 06-23-2013, 01:47 AM
RE: Shield of Faith [Ophelia, any] - by Hana - 06-28-2013, 12:23 AM
RE: Shield of Faith [Ophelia, any] - by Panzram - 06-23-2013, 09:01 AM
RE: Shield of Faith [Ophelia, any] - by Mesec - 06-24-2013, 09:10 PM
RE: Shield of Faith [Ophelia, any] - by Apollo - 06-24-2013, 09:35 PM