the Rift

[OPEN] Shield of Faith [Ophelia, any]

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

mesec</style>
      boy of the night fell from the stars</style>

As the rest whom were gathered began to speak, my eyes flickered from one to the next respectively, listening as they mused over our predicament. The news that not a single one of them could use their own personal magic came as a shock, for the possibility hadn't yet crossed my mind since it was apparent my own was still active. It was a startling realization, really; without the magic of healing, for instance, what would we do if one suddenly came ill or injured? Every single one of us had been left to our own, very basic devices.

"They will return," I spoke up at the subject of if and when, if ever, the Gods of Helovia would return to these lands. To fathom never seeing Mother again was difficult, but I tried not to worry; she was too deft to be taken away so easily and never come back. "They created this land, after all; and if the world was fated to come to an end, then I believe it would have already happened."

Then, the subject of my divine blood came into play. It made sense, I had to admit, but never in my wildest dreams would I have ever imagined the fate of a land resting on the shoulders of myself and those like me. Swallowing thickly, my eyes focused solely on Ophelia, and I suddenly found myself not knowing what to do. ''You can lead us now, Mesec.' The words quite literally stole my breath away, the full force of realization hitting me. Was the alabaster mare, as well as the rest whom were gathered, really putting all of their trust in me? 'You're only a colt,' the words resonated once more throughout my head, but drawing in a deep breath, I tried to put the reminder away.

No matter how afraid I was, I needed to be brave for my herd.

"... Thank you," finally came my simple reply, my eyes looking over each and every one of those present. One by one, each had embellished their willingness to assist me in whatever way possible. It meant so much more to me than I could ever express through words, and I could only hope that I wouldn't end up letting them down. I didn't know what all I had to or could do to help the situation, but I had one inkling of an idea already kindling in my head.

Straightening my posture and lifting my head up, I drew in a deep, steady breath and spoke once again. "We should branch off into two groups and search the Foothills for the rest of our family. Since none of us know if anything else is out of the norm, we should have at least one other with us at all times until we've learned more." I paused, then, an almost puzzled look creasing my face momentarily before it fell back into place. "Apollo, Panzram... You two can be a group, and myself, Hana, and Ophelia can be another. Even though you're all without your magic, each group will have somebody who at least understands medicine, should anybody be hurt."

A sliver of selfishness had weaseled its way into me, but it had not quite won out; I wanted Ophelia all to myself, to ask her my endless questions and soak up her motherly love while I could still receive it, though I doubted it would stop even when I myself turned grey. Right now, the welfare of our herd, our family was much more important than my selfish desires.

[ooc - I figured they could all branch off and go searching now, so if you guys want to start new threads or whatever instead of replying, that's fine with me. ^^]

Credits
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
Shield of Faith [Ophelia, any] - by Mesec - 06-21-2013, 04:25 PM
RE: Shield of Faith [Ophelia, any] - by Apollo - 06-21-2013, 07:16 PM
RE: Shield of Faith [Ophelia, any] - by Ophelia - 06-21-2013, 11:32 PM
RE: Shield of Faith [Ophelia, any] - by Hana - 06-23-2013, 01:47 AM
RE: Shield of Faith [Ophelia, any] - by Hana - 06-28-2013, 12:23 AM
RE: Shield of Faith [Ophelia, any] - by Panzram - 06-23-2013, 09:01 AM
RE: Shield of Faith [Ophelia, any] - by Mesec - 06-24-2013, 09:10 PM
RE: Shield of Faith [Ophelia, any] - by Apollo - 06-24-2013, 09:35 PM