the Rift

[OPEN] Silent night.

Hototo Posts: 96
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2hh :: 3 years
Boom Boom!
HOTOTO</style>
   HE WHO IS BRAVE IS FREE.</style>

As quickly as he had come, the God of the Earth was gone, along with my worries about the Grey. That issue could wait, while this one would not.

Upon my forehead, I could still feel the faint vibrations of a divine touch. His words sinking into my soul, wrapping themselves in my chest. "You are a protector of the mortals now. When the world grows dark, only you will have the power to nourish the land and keep it alive. I will return when I am able. Be strong. Be brave. And know that I am proud of you." All I could think in my mind: why me? I am but a yearling, with a head of horns and back crowned with wings, true, but a child. He had told me we were friends, but to protect the mortals? Did he mean anything with a heartbeat?

How is one yearling supposed to protect all within this world? How was I supposed to protect anything?
What is so special about Hototo?

It was then I remembered my mother's words. Bear is the son of a God? I had asked so foolishly, I thought in my own mind. Eytan is not. You are. The thought now only occurred to me that she may be telling the truth. Why else would I look so similar to the Lord of the Earth? Why else would he become friends with a mere mortal child? Why else would he ask me to protect everything his heart held dear? The gentle Lord of the Earth is my father. My mother, Ktulu, had been telling me the truth from the beginning. I am the son of a God. In my mind, I still think of myself as a child, even after this realization. Yet, as the sun sets behind the horizon, the last time I would see it for weeks, months even, in my heart I feel the blood of a God racing strong.

I finally understood that I am the son of the Earth. As the sun disappeared, I began to run.

My hooves carry me toward the site from which light spills out of the Earth, illuminating our home with a dim sort of aura. What little power my father left behind in this world was reflected in its deep waters. However, in the confines of my chest, I feel their absence - the absence of the divine. Still, even as my hooves plod along the ill-lit floors, I can see the grass raising in attention to my steps. Whatever magic rested within my soul remained, but for what purpose? I surely did not know. The God of the Earth had told me I would tend to the plants. I was to keep Helovia alive.

I am just a child, but I am their protector. I will see them safely to whatever the future held.

It is with a solemn heart that I reach the edge of the Waterfall, looking down toward the bright lights below before turning, expelling a bellow befit for a stallion, sent from the young lungs of a boy. "Mother!" I call, reaching out toward the lands and calling her forward. "I must leave this place!" I must leave the side of my protector and grow up.

I must become brave.
""

[For Ktulu and any of the Grey who want to wish him good luck]

Stock Providers: Horse, Wings, and Background.

Messages In This Thread
Silent night. - by Hototo - 06-21-2013, 06:33 PM
RE: Silent night. - by Ktulu - 06-23-2013, 05:56 PM
RE: Silent night. - by Hototo - 06-23-2013, 06:11 PM
RE: Silent night. - by Ophelia - 06-24-2013, 05:13 PM
RE: Silent night. - by Ktulu - 06-25-2013, 08:55 PM
RE: Silent night. - by Hototo - 06-26-2013, 06:30 PM