the Rift

[OPEN] Silent night.

Hototo Posts: 96
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2hh :: 3 years
Boom Boom!
HOTOTO</style>
   HE WHO IS BRAVE IS FREE.</style>

The pale outline of a ghost is in my vision, but it is one I know well. Ophelia, my aunt, my oldest friend, has appeared to wish me goodbye as I enter along this journey. I notice she stands back, which I find a tad odd. Even as the majority of my attention rests on my younger sibling, I begin to wonder about the other pair of siblings present. They were usually much closer, much more willing to be close and together. Normally, Ophelia would have nudged mother before even looking toward me.

There was something strange between them. Unfortunately, my family was not my immediate concern now. Father had requested I take care of Helovia as a whole, not just the pieces that came to define the land to me. Despite how much my heart desired I remain by the side of my loved ones, I no longer held a place here. My place was out on the road, mending the land and awaiting the return of my Father, my friend. He entrusted a task normally controlled by his infinite power and wisdom to me, and more than anything, I could not let the God of this Earth down. I would make him proud. I would make mother proud. I would not fail.

I let out a warm breath on the shoulder of my dearest sister before looking up to my mother, who echoes the words I had only dreamed of hearing. I knew my mother loved me with everything in her soul, but to hear she was proud of me nearly brought tears to my eyes. They were held back by my will, however, as I am no longer a child. From this moment on, I am no longer a boy. I am the son of a God and the most powerful mare alive. I will be brave and save this world. I smile back at my mother, bicolored eyes flickering in the light emanated by the pool. Will I ever be the same, I wonder.

When my aunt finally approaches, I lean into her embrace, resting my muzzle momentarily on her shoulder before allowing her to step back, and turning my face toward hers as she speaks. Inspiration, me? I believe that the greatest gift of my life has come on this day, and that is to restore warmth in the hearts of my family even in my absence. If they are proud of me, then I can proceed without second thoughts. I did not have time for those anyway.

My eyes widen slightly as Ophelia's head kneels, like a queen bowing before a servant. Normally, I believe I should be emboldened by this action, but instead I am humbled. I am borrowing the bravery of my friends and family. I am borrowing their strength. I am borrowing their wisdom. I am borrowing their will. Hopefully, I will be able to rise to their expectations while lifted upon such powerful shoulders. "Thank you, Ophelia," I say, my voice calm and light.

It is when my mother speaks again that I turn back toward her and the small face of Ranjiri. My home, I wonder if this has ever been my home? I look out toward the rolling hills under the shadow of the mountain. I spent more time wandering than here, but I know a piece of my heart will rest wherever my family resides. I nod. "And I will keep it safe, if I am able." I smile, before turning toward each of my family's faces, glancing at them with warm eyes before taking a few steps away, toward the gleaming pool of water.

"I must be going now. I will see you all soon," my voice trails off, as if I am lost in musings, before I leap toward the edge, my wings unfurling as I launch myself up and toward the starless sky above. I do not look back, afraid that I may lose my will to leave if I dare. I must become brave.
""

Stock Providers: Horse, Wings, and Background.

Messages In This Thread
Silent night. - by Hototo - 06-21-2013, 06:33 PM
RE: Silent night. - by Ktulu - 06-23-2013, 05:56 PM
RE: Silent night. - by Hototo - 06-23-2013, 06:11 PM
RE: Silent night. - by Ophelia - 06-24-2013, 05:13 PM
RE: Silent night. - by Ktulu - 06-25-2013, 08:55 PM
RE: Silent night. - by Hototo - 06-26-2013, 06:30 PM