the Rift

[OPEN] Peace Keeper, Dream Weaver

Atka Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

[Image: jt0ttw.png]

The cold fingers of mother nature swept across the white sea, each one of her cold breaths sending the remaining frozen flowers that dotted the meadow into an arched stance. Large hooves pressed into the fresh powder layer of snow, the thick, frozen layer of snow below crunching under the massive amount of weight that my stout legs carried. My thicket of black hair draped over the left side of my neck, curled by the amount of moisture in the air. I had thought it was raining earlier, rather than snowing. My hopes crawled eagerly at the thought of the nearness of Birdsong. The thawing of the cold earth, along with the soon followed blossoming life of plants and flowers. Small animals would again begin to bounce across tree limbs, carrying their weight in fresh seeds.

I moved with ease, setting off to explore the land that was still so new to me. Bright eyes glanced around every, taking in the ivory painting before me. Everything was still set in the cold slumber of Frostfall, but soon enough it would be alive and full of wonder. Following a small track that was made by what I had guessed was a deer, I ended up being lead to a frozen solid stream. Blue eyes examined the subject, wondering how cold it must have gotten in order to freeze moving waters. My heart sunk at the thought of how many lives may have been lost in the bitter nights of Frostfall. Each would be replaced with a new life, another continuation of the cycle that was so beautiful. I brushed the thought from my calm mind.

Standing beside the frozen water in silence, I could not help but become some what curious as to how thick the water actually was. For all I knew, the top layer was thick, but underneath by only a few inches the water could still be bubbling, very alive. My weight shifted to my left as I picked up my large right hoof, tapping at the ice cautiously. It made no noise that lead me to believe it was thin to this soft touch. Slowly, I eased more and more pressure onto the locked water, ending up being able to push nearly all my weight onto the ice before it began groaning.

My ears flicked accordingly to each small noise, each seeming so far away. Stepping back from the still stream, I drew in a deep breath, ears pressing forward, brushing against my antlers. The fuzziness that had developed on my body to keep me warm during this harsh season made me feel fairly fluffy, compared to my rather firm body. Once again, tiny flakes began falling from the cloudy sky. They spun through the suddenly motionless air, falling down in a direct line from the clouds to the ground. Face lifted toward the Heavens, bright eyes examining the solid form of each flake. They trickled over my body quickly, the miniscule amount of weight adding up very slowly as it began building up, clenching to each fuzzy hair along my back.

I was here to enjoy the gift of life that the Gods had given us. Hopefully that they would continue to let us receive for a long time to come.

Tagged: Open!
"blah blah blah." think think think

Messages In This Thread
Peace Keeper, Dream Weaver - by Atka - 06-21-2013, 06:55 PM
RE: Peace Keeper, Dream Weaver - by Kahlua - 06-22-2013, 05:47 PM
RE: Peace Keeper, Dream Weaver - by Atka - 06-23-2013, 05:42 PM
RE: Peace Keeper, Dream Weaver - by Kahlua - 06-23-2013, 09:45 PM
RE: Peace Keeper, Dream Weaver - by Atka - 06-24-2013, 12:51 AM
RE: Peace Keeper, Dream Weaver - by Kahlua - 06-24-2013, 11:05 PM
RE: Peace Keeper, Dream Weaver - by Atka - 06-25-2013, 12:39 AM
RE: Peace Keeper, Dream Weaver - by Kahlua - 06-25-2013, 03:03 PM
RE: Peace Keeper, Dream Weaver - by Atka - 06-25-2013, 08:49 PM