the Rift

[OPEN] Peace Keeper, Dream Weaver

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin

Trust. The trust I find in others is so fleeting, so superficial. Mostly physical trust, in that I trust you not to harm me without warning. Emotional trust? That's a little harder. See, I'm not much of a secret keeper, but then I'm not much of a best friend keeper either. Friends, sure. Someone I'd call close, a confidant, probably not. Maybe I just don't know how to interact with others in civilized manner. That's what brother Fuhrer always said. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I'm always trying to charm others into liking me. I suppose it's hard to make friends if you aren't really yourself ever. As for me? I just think I'd rather live a carefree life. Who wants to be tied down by relationships to others. Besides, how I can I be myself if I hardly know who myself is?
Kahlua was surprised to see the painted stallion bound through the snow after her. He moved with some agility despite his large size. If she had thought harder about it, she would have perhaps called him a warrior. After all, what else were large, agile horses good for? As it were, her mind completely passed by any ideas that were not focused entirely in the present. She didn't even consider the fact that he could be anything other than a genuinely kind soul. It was hard for her to imagine such a thing of anybody, really. Not that she hadn't met horses that were cruel or mean or otherwise disinclined to be civilized. It was just that she couldn't imagine living that way and she had a hard time relating. Relating to others required some sort of deeper intellect that she was probably lacking in.

His step back surprised her some and his look changed to something different. She couldn't place it, but in her confusion her smile faded somewhat, giving her a strange look with one corner of her mouth pulled back still smiling and the other dropped down. It was a look of confusion if nothing else. I don't mean to be rude, the words hit her ears and the rest of her smile faded. His demeanor had changed so quickly. Same page. Honestly, Kahlua hardly knew what page she was on so it was no surprise that he didn't know either. “Don't fret, my friend.” Her smile was back. It was hard to hurt her feelings. “If it makes you feel more like a gentleman, I'll slip away and you'll never again hear me utter the name-” She stopped abruptly and a bought of laughter erupted from her lips. She suddenly found the situation hilarious. As her laughter subsided she spoke again. “See my friend, you shall never hear me utter your name again, for I don't even know it! I'll have to totter about calling you grandpa!” It was just a bit of jest in response to his concern that he was so much older than she was. She meant nothing by it.

@[Atka]
.KAHLUA

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Messages In This Thread
Peace Keeper, Dream Weaver - by Atka - 06-21-2013, 06:55 PM
RE: Peace Keeper, Dream Weaver - by Kahlua - 06-22-2013, 05:47 PM
RE: Peace Keeper, Dream Weaver - by Atka - 06-23-2013, 05:42 PM
RE: Peace Keeper, Dream Weaver - by Kahlua - 06-23-2013, 09:45 PM
RE: Peace Keeper, Dream Weaver - by Atka - 06-24-2013, 12:51 AM
RE: Peace Keeper, Dream Weaver - by Kahlua - 06-24-2013, 11:05 PM
RE: Peace Keeper, Dream Weaver - by Atka - 06-25-2013, 12:39 AM
RE: Peace Keeper, Dream Weaver - by Kahlua - 06-25-2013, 03:03 PM
RE: Peace Keeper, Dream Weaver - by Atka - 06-25-2013, 08:49 PM
RE: Peace Keeper, Dream Weaver - by Kahlua - 06-29-2013, 07:53 PM