the Rift

[OPEN] What may lurk in shadow.

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin

Kahlua had not noticed the small songbird before. She was oddly enthralled. She couldn't tell exactly what he looked like, being that he was hidden in the darkness and the flickering light of the fire pit was useless in helping distinguish colors. Nevertheless, she had not seen an animal so bonded to a horse before and was curious about the nature of his relationship with the mare. A flick of the painted mare's tail startled Kahlua back to life and a sigh thickened the air between them. Sunlight, the mare was musing and Kahlua didn't understand entirely. Her voice was soft... sad? Kahlua had tried to be kind. Perhaps she had failed.
Stallions are so easy. A tilt of the head, a bat of the eyes, a couple kinds words and they're enthralled. Some want foals, some want kind words, some want you to bow at their feet. What do mares want? Guidance? I can't offer that. I'm not witty, I can't ponder the meaning of life, I can't talk in code, I can't do the things that the wise horses of the land find entertaining. Maybe they want friends? Friends is hard for me... if you aren't useful to me then what good is keeping you around? Do they want kind words too? God, has it been so long since I've seen another mare that I don't know what to do? Tell me. What do you want? Whatever it is, I'll make it happen. If... I have a purpose. I haven't found a purpose for you yet. You're so... mysterious.
Interested in what the painted mare was looking at so intensely, Kahlua looked at the fire pit then raised her head to the sky. She had not noticed how devoid of life the nighttime sky was. Her eyes widened slightly. This was strange. Perhaps this stranger would prove useful after all. Another sigh from her companion caused Kahlua to look back down. Her ears flicked about her, curious to hear if there were any others about. Perhaps she had been too quick to count off this darkness as a strange occurrence and nothing to fret about. Perhaps there was reason to be concerned. Or perhaps she was feeding off the energy of her new companion. The painted mare was so obviously fretting that even Kahlua, who was usually dismal at reading faces, could not help but notice. Death, the word was bigger than Kahlua's capacity to imagine. She understood the concept, but the sentiments that came with it were somewhat lost on her. Ghosts, the painted mare was beginning to cause Kahlua to fret. It was like hearing a horror story fall from her lips and she had hardly said anything. Still, the atmosphere was right for the feeling and the quivering of her companion set a mood that was ominous.

Shifting back and forth on her hooves, Kahlua took one step back from the mare. She was beginning to regret coming over to this mare. Her attitude rather subdued and her smile long ago faded, Kahlua turned her head left and right. Ghosts... she didn't see any. She'd never seen one before. But so many strange things were in this land that she had never seen before. “I don't believe it,” she was almost trying to convince herself. “What is this? I've never seen the day become night. Maybe I should believe in the spectres.” Self secrecy was not one of Kahlua's few talents. At the very least, her voice remained even. “How do we keep safe then?” Her interest peaked and the usefulness of her companion found, Kahlua probed. Almost as an afterthought, she spoke again briefly. "Your feathered friend is rather handsome. You are lucky to have him, I'm sure."
.KAHLUA

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Messages In This Thread
What may lurk in shadow. - by Onni - 06-21-2013, 08:24 PM
RE: What may lurk in shadow. - by Kahlua - 06-21-2013, 11:04 PM
RE: What may lurk in shadow. - by Onni - 06-22-2013, 12:01 AM
RE: What may lurk in shadow. - by Kahlua - 06-22-2013, 01:00 AM
RE: What may lurk in shadow. - by Onni - 06-23-2013, 05:23 PM
RE: What may lurk in shadow. - by Kahlua - 06-23-2013, 07:07 PM
RE: What may lurk in shadow. - by Onni - 06-23-2013, 07:27 PM
RE: What may lurk in shadow. - by Kahlua - 06-23-2013, 10:23 PM
RE: What may lurk in shadow. - by Onni - 06-28-2013, 02:11 AM
RE: What may lurk in shadow. - by Kahlua - 06-30-2013, 10:00 AM