the Rift

The Love Of A Sister.

Andreas Posts: 11
Dragon's Throat Mare
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.1 :: 8
Klare
Andreas
Cause peace of mind is the only time that we’re free...
The sounds of others approaching had been lost to the frantic mare's thoughts. Lost in a dark forest, unfamiliar sounds and smell, everything was happening far too quickly. Having not moved for the past five minutes, Andreas was not surprised that someone got the drop on her. The flirtatious voice called out to her through the night making a joke. The black mare spun and settled her sights on a winged mare. Help had arrived. The warm brown gaze flickered above as the leaves rustled and a beautiful bird landed on the other mare's back. This stunning creature seemed so calm with the other female, Andreas was fascinated to learn how the bird had grown so comfortable in a horses presence. "Huh." Was all that tumbled out of the shadow mare's mouth. She was acting like such an idiot, standing frozen shocked at being creeped up on and then the bird landing on the winged mare's back, like this happened everyday.

"I mean…" Clearing her throat Andreas took a moment to gather herself. "Yes, you must be right." Offering a kind smile Andreas moved forward slowly, closing the gap between them. Her movements where smooth and graceful, not betraying her exhaustion. Maybe this mare would be able to point her in the right direction. The direction of her baby brother. But how did one go about the topic of 'I've been stalking my baby brother for months and I can't find him can you help me?' Even in her head then entire sentence sounded ridiculous. Orbs found the ground again, shame now danced in the window to her soul. Knowing that a more tactical approach would be received better by the other party, Andreas cleared her throat and tried again.

Pawing the ground, conveying her own nerves, the black mare spoke up again. "There is something else that I'm searching for though." Confidence clearly grew with each word. Her pawing stopped and the warm eyes flicked back up from the ground in an attempt to catch the other mare's gaze. "Something that is much more important...to me." Smoothly, Andreas began to approach her current problem. A missing brother was not a cheery subject, to Andreas however it was one that desperately needed to be addressed. "My brother has been missing for sometime. I need to find him." There. Straight to the point and concise. As a straight forward mare, Andreas hoped that this other mare did not play games. Distrusting twisted words that came from blackened tongues, the older mare would judge the younger one on her responses. Oh how she needed to embrace her brother, see with her own eyes that he was doing alright. "His name is..." Her teeth clamped down on her tongue.

Oh how it hurt to speak his name after all this time! Did her brother even remember her? Would she be welcomed into his home with open hearts? Worry surged through the darker mare, her orbs narrowed at the winged mare. She wondered what kind of help, if any this mare would be. "His name is..." Once again her voice stopped, broken and cold. She could hear her own pain in the words that left her chops. A mirror, dropped that shattered into a million pieces. The hole in her heart, the pain she had carried around with her from the day Apollo left. Apollo.

One word that meant so much to her. The one thing that had kept her going for months. Her family, blood, bones and flesh.

"Apollo."
Credit

Messages In This Thread
The Love Of A Sister. - by Andreas - 06-21-2013, 08:26 PM
RE: The Love Of A Sister. - by Phaedra - 06-23-2013, 12:05 AM
RE: The Love Of A Sister. - by Andreas - 06-27-2013, 11:27 PM
RE: The Love Of A Sister. - by Phaedra - 06-28-2013, 09:49 AM